Reserve Pilot Board Meeting Today...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Batman

Who all is going before the Reserve Pilot Selection Board today? Thought maybe those of us waiting for our final rubber stamp could identify ourselves, so that the new guys starting the process could see that there is light at the end of the tunnel. It took me exactly a year to get my board package together, so I know first hand how grueling this process is.

By the way, I am being sponsored by a Tanker unit in the Midwest.

Well, good luck to all!

Future Tanker Toad,
Batman

Batman:
I'm up for today as well. Sponsored by Dover C-5's. The only other person I know on the board that's also up is skyward80, sponsored by McGuire KC-10's. Best of luck to you, let us know as soon as you hear the good news, I hear we should know within 2 weeks. It also took me almost a year exactly to get everything together.

By the way, do you fly for Eagle? I see the Sunset Beach Bar link, so I figured Eagle ATR's based at the Rock? What a great bar huh? Many a days I've stumbled away from that place, one of my world fav's.

Last edited:
Yep... KC-10s out of McGuire for the 76th! I can't wait to find out. Especially since I lost my job today. Laid off twice in the last year. I'm starting to sound like an airline pilot.

Skyward80

In!

Trying for the same unit as Batman.

In know the feeling about how long this process takes. I started in July of '01. Best of luck to everyone!

I was told we should hear the first week of April.

Last edited:
Yeah... I was told early April as well. I can't complain about my wait time though. I started looking for units in Aug 02, interviewed in Nov 02, and finished my paperwork in early Feb 02.

Skyward80

Good Luck Everyone!

I know the wait's excruciating, but unless your squadron somehow gets the inside word, you'll have to wait as long as 10 working days to get the board announcement. Once that's done, the time goes by FAST!

3 weeks and counting 'til commission.

Good luck Batman

Best of wishes Batman!! I am also working on a packet for the Sept. board. I am looking to get sponsored by a unit in the midwest ( from there but away for now). The problem is the unit I am looking at is currently deployed. Have any solutions? See my post "sponsorship impossible?"

Again I wish you the best!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE THROW US A FRIGGIN BONE HERE

Is the lack of fingernails an automatic disqualifier for either OTS or UPT? :(

Skyward80

Latest resources

Back