• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Reserve at SWA...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The reason ATL has easy both side commutable trips is the hub and spoke model. The spokes are usually arriving into ATL well before the first push out from ATL. Same goes for terminators, they end well before last commuter flight to the spoke leaves. No magic, just reality of the model, and why it won't work well at SWA.

I am looking forward to the "love in base" but is this what causes the "drip density"!

Ok, on the keyboard the "O" and the "I" are close, but the "D" and the "P"? It's like I'm texting on an imac. :nuts:

It's designed around living in base and driven by the old IT system.

The old pIloT system.

Supported by the senior live in base and the 'Luke i love the dry heat mafia' perhaps ?

:beer:

The reason ATL has easy both side commutable trips is the hub and spoke model. The spokes are usually arriving into ATL well before the first push out from ATL. Same goes for terminators, they end well before last commuter flight to the spoke leaves. No magic, just reality of the model, and why it won't work well at SWA.

Yep . . . . It's true.

At least we'll be wearing our gold-plated diapers.

:D

Just because a pairing is commutable doesn't make it inefficient . . . it just has to start after 8:00 a.m. and finish before 22:00. There's still plenty of room for full duty periods.

Most of us PM'ers don't like to even be near the airport before 15:00 local. The only alarm you ever set, is for the commuter flight home in the morning.

You are in luck if you're flying PM's and commuting West to East. I look for late starting PM's and commute the day the trip begins and red eye home. Zero commuting costs in general. The last day can be a long one but I sleep in my own bed when I land and that makes it worth it. Never pass an opportunity to ride the first flight home.

I like the higher credit three days as well, the downside is your going to pay for it by working hard and have probably two shorter overnights. 27+ three day is huge.

The days are pretty long, but it's 7 legs total in 3 days.

1300 report the first day, 2130 release the last. I'd do those all month if I could.

What time do the am trips usually report on the first day and get done on the last?

AM trips usually start with a 5-7am report time. The last day of the trip can vary significantly. Some get done by Noon, others as late as 5pm.

When I was commuting, it was all about the release on the backend. The earlier the better. I constantly looked to trade to an earlier release even if it cost a few dollars. But that all depends as well on your commute options. If you only have one flight to get you home and it leaves early afternoon, your going to be more interested in an early release. If you have flights home every hour you might not care.

Yep . . . . It's true.

At least we'll be wearing our gold-plated diapers.

:D

Does Bi Webb ever say anything intelligent? I hear he is into dudes and is lucky if he's 5 foot 4.

Latest resources

Back