Request for the Allegiant guys/gals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do anyone know how senior the LAX base is for new hires? Thx

At this point it may be THE senior base for F/O's. There are currently 4 F/O's waiting to get into LAX with hire dates back to the Jan. 2010 class.
A couple pilots left the base to go to the 757 and they were not replaced due to reduced flying out of LAX for the fall. I doubt anyone is getting in this year. Hopefully with the annoucement of a new-hire class in Oct. there will be some upgrades that will capture an F/O or two out of LAX. And, hopefully they will grow the base and add positions. For now though, I'd say the wait to get into LAX is 1 year+.

Also, I would assume this class in the next month would be for MD and not 57, good guess?

Thanks

I don't know, the 757 captain slots went pretty senior but they had trouble getting FO's to sign up due to the 3 year seat lock we agreed to. They may need to hire FO's for the 757 sooner or later. We are very heavy on MD80 FO's in LAS right now though.

Most FO's who thought they would upgrade within the next year or two didn't want to sit as FO for 3 years in the 757, pay to move themselves to Hawai'i and then have to pay to move back when they want to upgrade. The 757 captain slots will probably be too senior to upgrade into, so they'll have to come back to the MD80 if they want to be captain.

Last edited:
Not to put the cart before the horse, but whats the chances of being based in FL? Or at least east of the Mississippi River? If it is a MD80 class.

I also got the email for the essay. I just wonder how many others went out. 20...30...100?

I don't know what to tell you. I have not seen one person post on here that they did not get the essay email. I do personally know two pilots, with more total time and more turbine time than me, that did not get the essay email. They both did the online apps 6 mo-1 yr ago.

Not to put the cart before the horse, but whats the chances of being based in FL? Or at least east of the Mississippi River? If it is a MD80 class.

I bet your chances would be pretty good. If not right away, then within a few months. Even when there is no hiring people still move around a little. I think Phoenix has the longest line waiting to get in.

Can someone comment more specifically about the type of flying out of Vegas? What kind of duty days do you have? How does reserve work? I would be commuting out of Socal so I am curious how many days I would be home and if it would be better to just move into base. Also I am assuming indoc is in Vegas, but where is sim training? Thanks

Latest resources

Back