• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republics E-170s replacing Midwests flying! WTF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Republic did the same at USAIR. We were furloughing and parking airplanes, and they were replacing our flying. Republic was upgrading F/O's at a record pace, while USAIR pilots with 1989 hire dates were getting furloughed. This all again under the umbrella of ALPA leadership. Republic replacement flying for Midwest is nothing new and ALPA can not do a damm thing. Pilots hitting the street while other pilots fill their jobs. MMM?

Midwest pilots, welcome to the club of another pilot group getting shafted.

M

RAH is not a member of ALPA. You can't reasonably add this to the list of things you hate about ALPA.

No, but Midwest is. I know Teamsters IBT 747 and they could give a rats if they are stealing jobs.

M

OMG, I say it's like struck work because it's the same concept..
You have a $hit company, mgmt, pilots, flying for a company that is putting pilots on the street. My best friend flies for Midwest and he is on the street because of this.
I don't care what you call it.. It's still a crappy situation of people being put on the street. Rah has no business doing this to Usair and Midwest. Rah is just a pile of scumbags... Don't like what I have to say.. too damn bad!!!

RIght now the line between self preservation and stealing someone else's job is a little blurred. Look at all the alpa carriers that have fought for flying from other alpa carriers. Look at how ASA, comair, freedom, and pinnacle have all tripped over eachother for flying for Delta. Look at how TSA was fighting for flying from AE in MIA. You've read how everyone is waiting to steal it out from under Mesa as soon as they can. RAH is doing exactly what everyone else here is doing. Show me a letter from an MEC office saying they do no support going for flying from one company because it will take away jobs at our brothers company and I'll buy your argument. It's just how it is, it's not something I'd take pride in.

Republic did the same at USAIR. We were furloughing and parking airplanes, and they were replacing our flying. Republic was upgrading F/O's at a record pace, while USAIR pilots with 1989 hire dates were getting furloughed. This all again under the umbrella of ALPA leadership. Republic replacement flying for Midwest is nothing new and ALPA can not do a damm thing. Pilots hitting the street while other pilots fill their jobs. MMM?

Midwest pilots, welcome to the club of another pilot group getting shafted.

And the mainline pilots who agreed to sacrifice scope in return for a huge payday are somehow without fault?

ASA has only flown for 1 company since it was formed. That is Delta.. I don't disagree with your thought Cpt on what you just wrote but on the other hand, you said something that should hit to heart.. You said " BROTHERS".. That should mean something if you ask me.
You asked the thread if I would give my job up for someone else. There are a lot of cercumstances that that question and it's a loaded question. I can answer it fairly or not.

Of course its a loaded question, look at the situation those pilots are in. They lost their Frontier flying, and now the only home they've found (so far) for their e-170s is flying for Midwest. I wouldn't expect them to do anything differently, look at the industry right now. The only companies I can think of that are hiring are Compass and Great Lakes, where the number and quantity of furloughs are far greater. If you were an RAH pilot who faced being out on the street or doing someone else's job because you're a more economical product, what are you going to do?

You're still talking about mgmt. I am not in the same situation as the majority of the regional pilots that have come out a fast track school or somewhere they had to borrow a ton of money to become a pilot.
Knowing my state of economics and knowing my educational background and knowing what I can go back into. YES!!! I would give my job up for my "Brother".
The day I started flying for ASA I had a ton of bills and I am fortunate to have what I have. During that time I have paid off every single bill I have, except my house which was bought last year.
Do I blame the pilots, Yes and No!!! Do I blame Alpa for letting this happen.. Damn right!!! I am Alpa and I see what they do every day.. whether it comes to Alpa playing Main line against Regionals or Playing Companies against each other.. ALPA needs to figure out what they want and stop just taking my money.
I think that all mgmt are thieves and they all need to be taken out and shot. Ceo's that take their golden parachute whether a company makes it or not. Everyone is to blame.. It's a matter of what you're willing to stand up for... Am I wrong?

I know Teamsters IBT 747 and they could give a rats if they are stealing jobs.

M

Uh,...Yeah. Just like the teamsters cared when it was Trans States pilots' jobs being handed to Gojet when that scab company was formed.

F-ck the Teamsters.

Latest resources

Back