Republics E-170s replacing Midwests flying! WTF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

superfreight208

"Scheduled service for the EMB-170s, which are replacing all but nine of Midwest’s Boeing-717s and are being operated by Republic Airways pilots"

Whats the deal with this! Why doesn't ALPA do more than just picket in front of MKE?

"Scheduled service for the EMB-170s, which are replacing all but nine of Midwest’s Boeing-717s and are being operated by Republic Airways pilots"

Whats the deal with this! Why doesn't ALPA do more than just picket in front of MKE?

Where have you been the last two weeks?

I am in MKE on an overnight right now and there were a bunch of E-170s mixed in the with the Midwest birds. That happened fast!!

superfreight208;1685215 Whats the deal with this! Why doesn't ALPA do more than just picket in front of MKE?[/quote said:
because alpa and prater and DW before him are nothing more than an f'in joke. not to mention we as professional pilots are our own worst enemies. all of us are a bunch of puss a$$ POS's and we have no one to blame but ourselves, from the most senior widebody guy at ual or fdx to the newhire FO at lakes.

this sh1t is never gonna end. one day it was comair and mesa getting all the flying (early 90's) then coex and eagle (late 90's) now in the past few years its been rep/chq/sa and others. who will be next?

Flying those 170's is like flying struck work....
Republic scumbags need to be taken out and horse Slapped!!!
:smash:

I know, why don't you fly them for 50 seat rates too!!!

Last edited:
Flying those 170's is like flying struck work....

If it was struck work then MidEx pilots should be on strike! Which I think they should be, (legal or not). I am surprised that they are taking this as lightly as they are.... Just my opinion.
I wish em the best and think they should fight TH till the end.......Which I think is near!

I said it was LIKE STRUCK WORK.. I know what the difference is but thank you for trying to explaine it..
Yes, Midex pilots need a sick out legal or not..

Does Midwest have scope? Is this in fact a contractual violation? I know nothing about the Midwest contract...

It's not struck work for RAH pilots. Short of every pilot on that seniority list standing up and saying "no, we're not going to do this flying," they are powerless to stop it. Would you give up your job so that another pilot would keep his/hers?

Latest resources

Back