• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republics E-170s replacing Midwests flying! WTF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One thing you are all forgetting. Republic saved Midwest pilots from not having an airline to work for. Keeping some at work is better than none at all. If RAH had not thrown money their way there would be no Midwest pilots versus a portion and that portion will be recalled as soon as the 170's get put on their cert. It is a sore subject, yes, but this works out in the best case scenario for both airlines. Business. If we go by your arguments, then Midwest doors would be closed for good. You knuckleheads are in such a hurry to call others scabs (and not even use the term correctly) and YOU are part of the problem just as anyone is. If you are flying a regional plane, YOU, are part of the problem.

Ha. Dream on. The only thing Republic saved was Uncle Tim's wet dream of keeping the worst managed airline alive for another 6 months. Unfortunately the pilots there will continue to bend over for him. Just like they will cave into the wages cuts that are coming. All this picketing does nothing. If the pilot group wants management to hear them they would walk off the job.

I thought they moved the MidEx planes to other routes. Did they park them?

Yeah, they parked a few 9's. Mostly -10s, I believe. BDL, if I can remember, flipped for one winter. The 328 was lousy for that city.

Yeah, they parked a few 9's. Mostly -10s, I believe. BDL, if I can remember, flipped for one winter. The 328 was lousy for that city.

I think the 328 kept doing BDL (with the occasional westbound fuel stop) until the CRJ showed up. I never really understood that one -- that's a long way for the slowest jet.

I think the 328 kept doing BDL (with the occasional westbound fuel stop) until the CRJ showed up. I never really understood that one -- that's a long way for the slowest jet.

For some reason I think Midwest did it for one winter (2002?). Maybe they were just talking about it. The speed wasn't so much the issue. I guess it was a good market due to the insurance business. Lots of last-minute business travel. It was a better fit than a half-empty 9 at the time. My longest trip was 3.5 hours, once. Around two big lines and a nasty headwind on the other side. Started with 7800 pounds, ended with 8-9 hundred.

OMG, I say it's like struck work because it's the same concept..
You have a $hit company, mgmt, pilots, flying for a company that is putting pilots on the street. My best friend flies for Midwest and he is on the street because of this.
I don't care what you call it.. It's still a crappy situation of people being put on the street. Rah has no business doing this to Usair and Midwest. Rah is just a pile of scumbags... Don't like what I have to say.. too damn bad!!!

Your Midwest Airline pilot friend is not on the street because of Republic.. He is on the street because

* Failed Midwest Airline leadership to remain competitive in a very tough airline industry

* Poor Midwest passenger load factor

* A current US Bad Economy..

Republic flying and its loan is a last ditch to keep this ailing airline alive for a few more months..

You flightinfo pilot cyber warriors get all angry over the wrong people. Failed leadership, mismanagement, lack of vision, a poor business plan are the culprits. Hold your CEOs and management accountable while they bank the millions into their bank accounts!

Last edited:
Your Midwest Airline pilot friend is not on the street because of Republic.. He is on the street because

* Failed Midwest Airline leadership to remain competitive in a very tough airline industry

* Poor Midwest passenger load factor

* A current US Bad Economy..

Republic flying and its loan is a last ditch to keep this ailing airline alive for a few more months..

You flightinfo pilot cyber warriors get all angry over the wrong people. Failed leadership, mismanagement, lack of vision, a poor business plan are the culprits. Hold your CEOs and management accountable while they bank the millions into their bank accounts!
Erik,

agreed. But there is no talking to these idiots. All they want is to be able to point their stubby little fingers at someone else.

One thing you are all forgetting. Republic saved Midwest pilots from not having an airline to work for. Keeping some at work is better than none at all. If RAH had not thrown money their way there would be no Midwest pilots versus a portion and that portion will be recalled as soon as the 170's get put on their cert. It is a sore subject, yes, but this works out in the best case scenario for both airlines. Business. If we go by your arguments, then Midwest doors would be closed for good. You knuckleheads are in such a hurry to call others scabs (and not even use the term correctly) and YOU are part of the problem just as anyone is. If you are flying a regional plane, YOU, are part of the problem.

On behalf of myself, and the Midwest pilots.....Thank you so much for your hard work.

And how quickly did they cash the check from RAH? they only had a couple of days $ to operate. That company is way too top heavy with MGT folks... how many people in the inflight dept. do you need for like 120 FAs?????

See Erik? Lol Told ya !

Your right. Last time I checked, pilots never made management decisions for their company.

Cyber-flight info warriors seem to think that pilots are the directly responsible for and the final authority of the management actions of the company they work for!!

Latest resources

Back