• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republics E-170s replacing Midwests flying! WTF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In CMH on Sunday, 05 Oct. and the Republic jumpseater was supprised to see a 170 in midwest colors already. Wish I had a pic..

Midwest pilots, welcome to the club of another pilot group getting shafted.

Just like Skywest when they took over the flying from SkyWay...and that was an outright shutdown of a wholly-owned.

Knowing my state of economics and knowing my educational background and knowing what I can go back into. YES!!! I would give my job up for my "Brother".

Then do it. Turn in your letter of resignation to your CP. Come back here and tell us your last day so we can get the water canons loaded.

WRONG!!!
My original statement is.. IT'S LIKE FLYING STRUCK ROUTES.. IT'S NOT THE SAME THING!!!
Your syntax is off. You can't say it's "like" something when the very definition of what you're saying it's "like" is incongruous.

Struck work requires willful withholding of services by an organized group...either for self-help or wildcat.

Locked out work isn't technically "struck" work b/c the withholding of service is "forced" by management.

To SCAB is to cross a line that was set up by LABOR. To work "replacement" work is to work a void created by MGT.

If the YX crews had struck, then the RAH crews would be working struck work--and scabbing. There is no work action by YX.

It's not "like" anything.

I know I don't have to spell it out like this for you and please don't be insulted by it; but I'm trying to explain to you why people are resistant to your using a simile incorrectly. "Like" isn't "Is."

Latest resources

Back