Republics E-170s replacing Midwests flying! WTF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Prop,
I think you might be right with the merger, but I never saw one 717 on a route from Cos to Mci.

Yeah, but Skyway 'took' BDL, RDU, ATW and MSN after 9-11. Skywest 'took' all of Skyway's flying and some Midwest.

One thing you are all forgetting. Republic saved Midwest pilots from not having an airline to work for. Keeping some at work is better than none at all. If RAH had not thrown money their way there would be no Midwest pilots versus a portion and that portion will be recalled as soon as the 170's get put on their cert. It is a sore subject, yes, but this works out in the best case scenario for both airlines. Business. If we go by your arguments, then Midwest doors would be closed for good. You knuckleheads are in such a hurry to call others scabs (and not even use the term correctly) and YOU are part of the problem just as anyone is. If you are flying a regional plane, YOU, are part of the problem.

Roger, I am sure that you might be right in some of aspect of midwest.
I am sure that you started out either in the military or a regional also and it's just a stepping stone. Honestly, If I could fly for anyone, I want to fly for Alaska. They mind their own business on the west, don't bother anyone and I would love to fly for them.
I hate the fact of Delta talking trash about Comair and Comair hating everyone and their mother.
I do know the difference between a struck route and what a scab is if you were referencing that.

Republic did the same at USAIR. We were furloughing and parking airplanes, and they were replacing our flying. Republic was upgrading F/O's at a record pace, while USAIR pilots with 1989 hire dates were getting furloughed. This all again under the umbrella of ALPA leadership. Republic replacement flying for Midwest is nothing new and ALPA can not do a damm thing. Pilots hitting the street while other pilots fill their jobs. MMM?

Midwest pilots, welcome to the club of another pilot group getting shafted.

M

REALLY? Is this the marty that claims that he doesn't work for US Air?
I mean you wrote it right here:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=848465#post848465

Or the Marty that works for UAL?
You also worte that right here:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=1224345#post1224345

Shouldn't you be our looking for your next PFT job?

MCDU = 1 airline strike away from his next job!

This ****************************** bag has proven he can't be taken seriously! Its obviously more flaim bait. Whats the matter marty, slow night at the mall?

Ya picketing....ya that works....

How about breaking some friggin legs?
Lets get back to basics.

One thing you are all forgetting. Republic saved Midwest pilots from not having an airline to work for. Keeping some at work is better than none at all. If RAH had not thrown money their way there would be no Midwest pilots versus a portion and that portion will be recalled as soon as the 170's get put on their cert. It is a sore subject, yes, but this works out in the best case scenario for both airlines. Business. If we go by your arguments, then Midwest doors would be closed for good. You knuckleheads are in such a hurry to call others scabs (and not even use the term correctly) and YOU are part of the problem just as anyone is. If you are flying a regional plane, YOU, are part of the problem.

Sounds like you work at Republic

Last edited:
Uh,...Yeah. Just like the teamsters cared when it was Trans States pilots' jobs being handed to Gojet when that scab company was formed.

F-ck the Teamsters.

Think before you use the S word, especially when you have no idea what your talking about. No one is flying struck work, we're not putting mainline pilots on the street and we certainly aren't taking TSA jobs since they can't fly CRj7S in the first place because they DIDN'T WANT TO.

Think before you use the S word, especially when you have no idea what your talking about. No one is flying struck work, we're not putting mainline pilots on the street and we certainly aren't taking TSA jobs since they can't fly CRj7S in the first place because they DIDN'T WANT TO.

Well you need a history lesson.
Go Jets was formed because TSA could not have 70 seaters on property because of the agreement with American.
TSA Management wanted to staff the other airline with TSA pilots but only if they would accept a pay rate of Mesa -2%. Don't think that was going to happen. So TSA management decided to staff the airline with pilots that were willing to resign their seniority at TSA and fly at Go Jets.
New hires came off the street.
TSA parked the J-41's and furloughed.

The problem people have with Go Jets is that the company should have used TSA Pilots because it was an alter ego airline. Same management, training dept etc... As far as i am concerned it was the same company.

So if there were people on furlough at TSA and other people taking jobs at Go Jets, i would consider them scabs. The company was too cheap to pay the pilots a fair and reasonable rate.

Yeah, but Skyway 'took' BDL, RDU, ATW and MSN after 9-11. Skywest 'took' all of Skyway's flying and some Midwest.

I thought they moved the MidEx planes to other routes. Did they park them?

Not necessarily. RAH enabled TPG/TH to do this deal and not look for another option. Midwest would have survived until the DAL/NWA deal called for its liquidation. This just got somebody else (RAH and NOT TPG) to pony-up the cash. Don't fool yourself. RAH is not the savior of Mikwaukee "hometown" airline. There is no plan to have any operation that vaguely resembles the Midwest brand after that deal closes. This is just a continuaton of the NWA (and now DAL) "sock-block" to keep competition out of the midwest. If they could pull the it off, they would just store Boeing's 717s at all the MKE D-gates and only fly one to keep the ticket alive. The good people of Milwaukee should be getting use to TH's bs cons by now.

The more I look at this deal, I feel that the Midwest ticket will soon be the 4th in the RAH collection. The cash was publicized as a loan, but it is a deposit.

I think this is a better way of wording your last sentence: " If you are flying a regional plane on a non-regional route, YOU are part of the problem." Long live the 1900! :D

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back