• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic's certificate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I sure am glad the Mid Atlantic guys proudly raised their middle finger in the direction of Republic. What a great group of guys...I'm glad none of them will be subjected to this little scope busting party.

You guys need to realize that the threat to your new airline isn't coming from Mesa anymore, it's coming from these SJS sufferers that love their little E170s that truly ARE stealing your flying. The CRJ200/700/900 will forever be an express aircraft, travelling to express destinations. I'd like to see an E170 in San Luis Obispbo, or Santa Barbara, or Monterey, or any of the other small size destinations we serve on the 200/900 for Mesa. Remember guys, without us flying to those places, you wouldn't have those passengers feeding your mainline airplanes, and your competitors would have them. I don't need to remind you that you need us...good luck doing it on your own and making it work because financially its not possible. For those of you that disagree I reference the success of FlyI.

So maybe we worked a deal with Delta to fly 50 seaters for them...great, to express destinations. And maybe we fly the biggest regional jet in history, thats fine too but just remember we are serving in an Express capacity. It may seem like we aren't, and it may seem like you're jacking our flying, and we may be...but if you want it back, do something and take it back you little kitty cats. Quit your whining, strengthen your scope and take it back...

But I know my job is secure, because I know you're all hiding behind a screen name and none of you would ever do anything to make waves at your current employer.

But please...be concerned about the E170/E190 project. These guys are ripping you off.

Please tell me how the 170 is different than the crj700? yeah they look different but are not in terms of number of seats. how have these 2 aircraft been so seperated??

I guess most pilot group favor the CRJ700/900? How are these a/c diffrent from E170/190?

What so diffent from the 737/A320....

This is turning into a witch hunt on who can fly 70/90 seats !

What is now a regional jet ? only having 50 seats or less ? or it is the destination you only go to?

bitememesa said:
I sure am glad the Mid Atlantic guys proudly raised their middle finger in the direction of Republic. What a great group of guys...I'm glad none of them will be subjected to this little scope busting party.

You guys need to realize that the threat to your new airline isn't coming from Mesa anymore, it's coming from these SJS sufferers that love their little E170s that truly ARE stealing your flying. The CRJ200/700/900 will forever be an express aircraft, travelling to express destinations. I'd like to see an E170 in San Luis Obispbo, or Santa Barbara, or Monterey, or any of the other small size destinations we serve on the 200/900 for Mesa. Remember guys, without us flying to those places, you wouldn't have those passengers feeding your mainline airplanes, and your competitors would have them. I don't need to remind you that you need us...good luck doing it on your own and making it work because financially its not possible. For those of you that disagree I reference the success of FlyI.

So maybe we worked a deal with Delta to fly 50 seaters for them...great, to express destinations. And maybe we fly the biggest regional jet in history, thats fine too but just remember we are serving in an Express capacity. It may seem like we aren't, and it may seem like you're jacking our flying, and we may be...but if you want it back, do something and take it back you little kitty cats. Quit your whining, strengthen your scope and take it back...

But I know my job is secure, because I know you're all hiding behind a screen name and none of you would ever do anything to make waves at your current employer.

But please...be concerned about the E170/E190 project. These guys are ripping you off.

Oh man, we have hit a new all time low. We are getting called out by the Orstein puppets now.

Crzipilot said:
well then tell the CHQ f/os flying at shuttle to get their story straight. Had one J/S the other day and I asked him how Shuttle was, and he stated "Oh they've furloughed 18 f/o's blah blah" "And I'm actually CHQ flying the 170." Next comment was, so your putting guys on the street but yet taking their jobs? Ans: Uhmmm..ya, well we offered them bottom of list at CHQ or preferential interviews but they didn't like that.
Ques: So your taking their jobs???
Ans: Uhmmm....ya but I think somthing is getting worked out
Ques: Don't you think that's FOked up???
Ans: But I get to fly a SNJ..............
Ques: Man that's just foked up, and wrong....

truely truely put a dim light on the view of what a CHQ pilot is......

Hey, sorry to be negative, but you can't say that the chq pilot is a bad person because of that. Did he really have a choice in the matter. Do you think he is going to pick up and quit just because of the situation, I don't think so. Furthermore in regards to people getting put on the street, its not personal, its just business. Sometimes thats the way it goes. It is not professional to be angry at other pilots because of the situation at their airline. They are just pilots doing their thing working up the career ladder. Now of course there are always a few bad apples working at every airline, but don't let the opinion or outlook of one pilot affect your opinion of their pilot group.

Chip said:
Please tell me how the 170 is different than the crj700? yeah they look different but are not in terms of number of seats. how have these 2 aircraft been so seperated??

This is a pretty good question so I will inform you on this. The EMB 170 is a whole different ball game when compared to the crj-700. The cabin in the 170 is actually bigger and more comfortable than the crj 700. The seating configuration in the 170 could almost be a 3 and 2 but its a 2 and 2 so you could see that its much roomier than a 700. Additionally, the cabin height in the 170 is tall enough so a 6 foot 5 man, give or take, could stand up with ease. Furthermore the performance of the 170/190 is comparable to the 737-700 (max ceiling 410, max speed mach .82). In a nut shell the EMB170/190 is a mainline aircraft with 70 to 90 seats vs 130 seats. The operating costs on the 170 are comparabe to the crj 700. To sum it all up, this aircraft are going to be much more popular with passengers and that is very good thing. Nobody wants to fly in a tube from FLL to CMH for example. As a result of this the emb-170 is going to be more popular for code share's vs the crj-700/900's.

Mr Kilo, that was the worst arguement I've seen on here in at least a few minutes. By your logic, if an E145 had a taller cabin and rommier seats it would be a Main Line aircraft. Your arguement can be summed up by, "Well I don't like the CRJ but the EMB is sweet so I want that one". I don't care where the line is drawn but it has to be based on numbers not on which one you or some dumba$$ pax like better.

Not so fast Jack

piginshlitz said:
Mr Kilo, that was the worst arguement I've seen on here in at least a few minutes. By your logic, if an E145 had a taller cabin and rommier seats it would be a Main Line aircraft. Your arguement can be summed up by, "Well I don't like the CRJ but the EMB is sweet so I want that one". I don't care where the line is drawn but it has to be based on numbers not on which one you or some dumba$$ pax like better.

I'm sorry but you are wrong and I think you missed my point. Since the 170 is more like a mainline aircraft, mainline carriers like Delta, United, and Usairways/america west are going enter into codeshare with regionals that have those planes vs crj 700 because they are much better for their customers. That's a very important attribute to have. Its simple, if you could choose between 2 aircraft for roughly the same operating price, wouldn't you as a United executive choose the one that is much more passenger friendly and performs better. These 170's are going to be flying 4 hour flights such as cmh to stl and stl to mazatlan mexico. They are doing longer flights becuase of a changing marketplace (ie, mainline flights being flown by regionals). Now what codeshare would allow a crj-700 to do a 4 hour flight across the country, none that I know of. This is what I mean when I say the 2 aircraft are much different..... thankyou

Latest resources

Back