• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic's certificate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1- They are furloughing FO's, the bottom ones, but they are being furloughed from the Saab to go to training at Republic. The downgraded Cap's are still getting paid as Cap's, so it could be far worse.

2- Shuttle's "union people", if you're referring to the pilot representatives, aren't the problem. It's not that they can't pick an attorney, it is that they didn't want the one they were "given". They did end up with the guy they wanted, and an arbitration date is already set for late next month.

3- Viper, if you think that the pilots didn't try to "push" the process, you are sorely misinformed. Believe me, this arbitration has been the number one concern of the whole group for six months. There's no bargaining chip here, either, as an arbitrator will be hearing two lawyers and that's all there is to it... The "bargaining" you're thinking of has already occurred, and that is WHY they are going to an arbitrator.

The rumors that S5 pilots or our MEC are 'dragging their feet' in regards to arbitration should stop. It's propaganda.

IP you owe me tornado pictures... it's been a year and I'm sick of waiting. :D

Horvath

PS nice use of airline 'cognescenti' are they related to the airline 'illuminati'?

I.P. Freley said:
1- They are furloughing FO's, the bottom ones, but they are being furloughed from the Saab to go to training at Republic. The downgraded Cap's are still getting paid as Cap's, so it could be far worse.

2- Shuttle's "union people", if you're referring to the pilot representatives, aren't the problem. It's not that they can't pick an attorney, it is that they didn't want the one they were "given". They did end up with the guy they wanted, and an arbitration date is already set for late next month.

3- Viper, if you think that the pilots didn't try to "push" the process, you are sorely misinformed. Believe me, this arbitration has been the number one concern of the whole group for six months. There's no bargaining chip here, either, as an arbitrator will be hearing two lawyers and that's all there is to it... The "bargaining" you're thinking of has already occurred, and that is WHY they are going to an arbitrator.

well then tell the CHQ f/os flying at shuttle to get their story straight. Had one J/S the other day and I asked him how Shuttle was, and he stated "Oh they've furloughed 18 f/o's blah blah" "And I'm actually CHQ flying the 170." Next comment was, so your putting guys on the street but yet taking their jobs? Ans: Uhmmm..ya, well we offered them bottom of list at CHQ or preferential interviews but they didn't like that.
Ques: So your taking their jobs???
Ans: Uhmmm....ya but I think somthing is getting worked out
Ques: Don't you think that's FOked up???
Ans: But I get to fly a SNJ..............
Ques: Man that's just foked up, and wrong....

truely truely put a dim light on the view of what a CHQ pilot is......

GFunk20 said:
Republic Airlines - US Airways Express E-170/190

try again
I'm pretty sure the hp scope/contract specifically forbids any non-owned companies from flying the 190, as for the rest, lets just wait and see what the arbitration results are

(yes I know i said the same thing in the other thread, just wanted to put my original thought in the original thread that the quote came from)

Last edited:
Crzipilot said:
Next comment was, so your putting guys on the street but yet taking their jobs?

America sucks doesn't it? What a group of goddamn bottom feeders. Sad thing is and everyone knows this, aviation isn't the only industry that this is happening to. Is there anything we can do about it?

truely truely put a dim light on the view of what a CHQ pilot is......

I'm a CHQ pilot...you don't know my views on this. The 7 other people at my crashpad are all CHQ pilots and you don't know their views on it either. We have two (2) 170 bases as of right now so the rest of our bases don't have one single 170 driver. And seeing as how we only have 29 170's most of our pilot group does not drive 170's...most of them are 145 pilots...so I'll take a stab in the dark and say you don't know their views on this matter either. So I'm having a hard time trying to see how you are quilified to "put a dim light" on the entire group (or the 145 pilots a majority of pilot group) when you had one new hire SNJ Jack@ss in your jump seat.

Please explain.

GINCHBLASTER said:
America sucks doesn't it? What a group of goddang bottom feeders. Sad thing is and everyone knows this, aviation isn't the only industry that this is happening to. Is there anything we can do about it?

HASSELHOF WILL EAT THOSE PUPPIES

Latest resources

Back