• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic's certificate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The CRJ7 is not flying to all "Express" Cities. Let's see here.

Mesa flys the CRJ7 from DEN-RDU and DEN-BNA. Should I name more. Those aren't short flights at all. If i'm not Mistaking the CRJ9 does PHX-MSY and PHX-LIT. Don't kid yourself, those aren't express cities.

FlyingDawg said:
Give me a break. I could make the same arguement about the CRJ vs the ERJ 145 series. The CRJ is certified to FL 410 (ERJ is FL370), max speed is higher than the ERJ .78M, seating is 2x2 (vs 2x1), and the cabin is both taller and wider than the ERJ. Sounds like someone is jealous that Embraer just came out with something better than Bombardier. I bet you fly a CRJ right?

You don't make any sense, why would I be jealous about the emb 145 when I fly the Emb-145. I was trying to explain how much bigger the 170 is than both the crj and the erj 145, and also explain that the market is going to the 170 because passengers feel like its a mainline aircraft. The crj 700's may be a little faster than the 145, however I am trying to explain to you guys that the crj-700 does not even compare to the 170. Have you ever sat in the 170, I have. Also, the 2-2 seating config in the crj is a much tighter fit than the 2-1 config in the emb-145, not that it really matters. I don't know how you could say they are similar, (170 vs. crj-700) you probably have never sat in the 170. Guys, this isn't even a matter of opinion anymore, it is fact.

Sorry guys, it was slc not slt, you guys are quick to correct any mistakes.

BlackPilot628 said:
The CRJ7 is not flying to all "Express" Cities. Let's see here.

Mesa flys the CRJ7 from DEN-RDU and DEN-BNA. Should I name more. Those aren't short flights at all. If i'm not Mistaking the CRJ9 does PHX-MSY and PHX-LIT. Don't kid yourself, those aren't express cities.

Good point, however, in the near future don't be surprised to see those flights being done by the 170/190. Nobody wants to sit in a can for a 3 hour plus flight. Now I know passenger preference doesn't mean much, but the airline execs begin to prefer the 170 over the crj-700 because the operating price is similar to the crj-700 but it is just as big as a mainliners cabin. That is the bottom line.

FlyingDawg said:
Pot meet Kettle.

Any 70 seat aircraft is just that a 70 seat aircraft. It doesn't matter if its a CRJ or a ERJ.

You sir are also hidding behind a screen name, Mr. bitememesa!

Mainline management decides where the express carriers fly and what mission their express carriers serve in the airline.

Again, you are missing my point. Management will be more impressed with the 170 vs the crj-700.... Have you sat in the emb-170? Any 70 seat aircraft IS NOT any other 70 seat aircraft. Management is trying to give passengers a mainline aircrfat at a regional operating price (ie, SLC-CMH in the 170). This is a win/win situation. You are completely mistaken, the 170 is a different ballgame from any other 70 seater.

mr_kilo said:
Good point, however, in the near future don't be surprised to see those flights being done by the 170/190. Nobody wants to sit in a can for a 3 hour plus flight. Now I know passenger preference doesn't mean much, but the airline execs begin to prefer the 170 over the crj-700 because the operating price is similar to the crj-700 but it is just as big as a mainliners cabin. That is the bottom line.

I think they do like the E170 for the comfort of the passengers and the bigger feel of the airplane. But, people need not make the argument based on the amount of seats and the cities that the airplane fly's to. I'm sure that if Canadair had build a little wider cabin airplane (as they're doing now. C-Series) people would have purchased that. It's all about passenger comfort. For people to make the seat argument is foolish, Considering Mesa has been flying CRJ9's for 2+ years now and the BAe146 has been around for 15 years. If Canadair produces a CRJ that holds 130 people, (in the same cabin config as the CRJ7/9) would it be ok with people because it has a "smaller cabin feel"?
Of course not.

ERfly said:
How long do you think it will take for him to give up after the FMS keeps kicking back SLT as the identifier for Salt Lake City?

Delta Air Lines proudly announces Non-Stop service to Slate Run VOR!! (Or wherever)

sleddriver77 said:
Delta Air Lines proudly announces Non-Stop service to Slate Run VOR!! (Or wherever)

Slate Run VOR! North-central Pennsylvania is actually a gorgeous place. I have many fond memories of camping trips and mountain bike races up in those woods.

This thread needs to be hijacked. Yes, I agree that that E-170, from a passenger point of view, is a superior airplane to the CRJ-700. But I really doubt that when John and Sally Customer are planning their trip and go on Expedia to find tickets, they look and say, "oh honey look, we'll get to fly on a _____" or "oh geez, I don't like those little _____, so lets connect through XYZ instead".

Latest resources

Back