Republic To Fly Spirit Routes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nobody serves our republic like Republic! *Barf*

(My apologies to any pilots who flew for the real Republic.)

Ladies and Gentlemen.... the reason that RAH pilots have earned their reputation. Do you all tell the midwest pilots that you saved their jobs when in their jumpseat?

You guys got to be kidding me. Is it skywest pilots fault that skyway got shut down? NO!! other ex-skyway pilots and I dont think that way. It the YX/ midwest Mngmt that we blame for. When i worked for skyway tons of YX pilots knew that it was their turn and was looking into some other airlines. They didnt trust their managements!!! "We know we are next" that was their exact word. If you want to blame someone for something get the facts strait.

You guys got to be kidding me. Is it skywest pilots fault that skyway got shut down? NO!! other ex-skyway pilots and I dont think that way. It the YX/ midwest Mngmt that we blame for. When i worked for skyway tons of YX pilots knew that it was their turn and was looking into some other airlines. They didnt trust their managements!!! "We know we are next" that was their exact word. If you want to blame someone for something get the facts strait.

I was referring to your fellow pilot that said "midwest pilots should thank us for saving their jobs because without a loan they would be toast." I bet even a CHQ mainline ERJ-170 pilot can see that dude is a level one dou*ch. Again, I don't have it in for you dudes, but guys like that perpetuate the reputation that other regionals have for you.

Last edited:
I was referring to your fellow pilot that said "midwest pilots should thank us for saving their jobs because without a loan they would be toast." I bet even a CHQ mainline ERJ-170 pilot can see that dude is a level one dou*ch. Again, I don't have it in for you dudes, but guys like that perpetuate the reputation that other regionals have for you.
Personally, I feel really sorry for those who got furloughed from YX. Yea i agree with you that we shouldnt be thanked for anything but i'm sure some other airline(s) or some bank would've loaned them some $$. The question is "which airline(s)? and what in return?? I'm not too excited to see those 717 go away! But arent we all flying routes that once flown by mainline guys in less $$? Like i said and majority of RAH guys, we werent excited about YX deal. I hope some of you dont become too judgemental about RAH because of one particular person. I'm sure every company has one or two of those.

Last edited:
Who doesn't get cancellation pay, and why would you have to leave first to get it, thats sounds like someone needs some lube.

Hopefully this is true. Republic is starting to stagnate. It's hard to pay the bills on the max first officer pay scale of $37/hour. It is even harder now given that most months, it is hard to break guarantee.

Hockey get your head out of your SSA!....no wonder your an FO, you probably couldn't think your way into the left seat if your career depended on it. This is exactly the type of failed thinking that has put us where we are today.

Go do your walk around, that's about the only thing your good for.

Latest resources

Back