• Friendliest aviation community on the web
metroplex vbmenu_register("postmenu_1646547", true);
control, I'm here

Civ/Mil: Civilian
A/C Flown: plenty
Ratings: one
Curr Position: FO
Total Time: 8300

I heard a rumor that TPG is looking at buying more 717 for MEH to replace 80s.The 717 are coming from AAI....

I guess we can put this rumor to bed.

Uh Max, you are kidding right? Were you asleep the last two days? Reread all the news clips on Midwest and their latest announcement and you'll clearly find your answer to the rumor you have been hearing.

any midex guys with the furlough numbers per month until they hit 124 pilots?

the mec chairman said on a conference call he expects 3/4 of the pilotforce to be furloughed (including the entire mec) by thanksgiving.

the mec chairman said on a conference call he expects 3/4 of the pilotforce to be furloughed (including the entire mec) by thanksgiving.
and the remaining 100 or so guys left on the property to be released once the short term leases on the 9 717's come due and go back to boeing; according to Timmy, these are short term leases.

They want this to happen. Midwests' airplanes can go to Delta/NWA, and the competition is gone. Nobody honestly expects an airline with 9 717s and 12 E170s to be economically viable at all. This is simply a way of killing Midwest legally. And, yes, I feel RAH just bought their way into Delta/NWA with this "financing" deal.

Hit the nail on the head. The whipsaw kings (nwa) will now have a new carrier to pit against mesaba and pinnacle, welcome republic. The aftermath is the destruction of one of the last semblances of an airline that had great people and a great product.

I wondered about that. So will the braintrust switch them all out to 'Midwest Class' (gagging noises and laughing) before getting rid of them? I can't believe they started advertising for 'Midwest Class' no more than a week before they decided to go to 9 planes.

And since then as well. I heard it several times during the Packers game on the radio Monday night.

Latest resources

Back