Republic to cease operations of Lynx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi Gup,

I think it would have worked well. Hawaii and all...

The reality is ("jets" not withstanding), that as part of the "reorganization" under Dennison (retired LUV CFO, now BOD member) as ATA'S CEO, ATA pulled out of MDW-Florida, PHX, DEN, LAX, LAS, SFO, MSP, BOS... Pretty much all of the markets in which SW directly competed against ATA, plus those that SW would soon begin service to. In addition, SW assumed the gate leases (12?) in MDW that ATA controlled.

This was Dennison's idea of building a code-share?

Believe it or not, the vast majority of ATA employees were proud of the airline they were building, with many employee's having spent 20 years or more there. I would say that many were (some still are) extremely frustrated to watch it all be taken apart by a senior management team of "new hires" that truly seemed to have had other motives.

I would guess the "pissed" part by many, comes not from who bought or did not buy the jets, rather it most likely comes from missing a place that most considered family. Whatever the true conspiracy may have been, lives and livelyhoods were destroyed by what took place. With SW as a prime benefactor to ATA's demise, guilt by association?

Skipper

My friend,

I get it. I really do but Dennison couldn't sell ATA without Mickelsons blessings.

ATA was the worlds greatest charter airline and liesure Hawaii charter airline that dabbled into the commercial airline business, including Chicago Express feeder service. You guys were doing just fine without Southwests "help" up until your 2004 bankruptsy. You needed cash and Southwest needed MDW gates. ATA decided to give us gates and get cash and codeshare in exchange.

SWA didn't cause ATA to fail. SWA didn't cause Champion, Skybus or Aloha to fail either but all 4 failed about the same time.

Enough of the thread creep. I'll buy you a beer if we ever meet and you can take it out on me in person.

Peace,
Gup

CAPT 145 at Eagle $73
CAPT 145 at XJT $72

CAPT 170 at Republic $73

From www.Airlinepilotcentral.com

Now that pay is out on the table. What company would you apply to? For myself from a pay aspect all of them. After that I have to take into account other considerations like leadership, opportunity for advancement, Corp. health, and progression, hands down REPUBLIC. Then again I'm a different kind of Cat. I to want to be part of something great. The difference is I'm not afraid to put in the work to build it. REPUBLIC is a work in progress don't kid yourself.

I'm not a kool-aid drinker, I'm a team player. There is a difference.

Last edited:
Now that pay is out on the table. What company would you apply to? For myself from a pay aspect all of them. After that I have to take into account other considerations like leadership, opportunity for advancement, Corp. health, and progression, hands down REPUBLIC. Then again I'm a different kind of Cat. I to want to be part of something great. The difference is I'm not afraid to put in the work to build it. REPUBLIC is a work in progress don't kid yourself.

I'm not a kool-aid drinker, I'm a team player. There is a difference.
Anyone who thinks Republic will be the next great airline needs to go to rehab. What they are doing is destroying scope. I hope that Frontier gets those airbuses fenced for a long time. As for intergration of pilot groups, it should be as follows: Frontier and Midwest On top then Republic.

That record could be skewed somewhat by the fact that SWA only seems interested in airlines that are already Ch11, or so near it they can still get fire-sale prices. Our management is so cheap, they never pay retail for anything....why should airline aquistions be any different? Like it or not, diminished career expectations go right along with Ch11 as far as our union is concerned. If, heaven forbid,the company actually decided to acquire a successful carrier (say Alaska or AirTran), I can promise you the stapler wouldn't make it out of SWAPA's desk drawer.

Spot on. If god forbid my company was going under then a staple works just fine by me if its either that or the street.

Anyone who thinks Republic will be the next great airline needs to go to rehab. What they are doing is destroying scope. I hope that Frontier gets those airbuses fenced for a long time. As for integration of pilot groups, it should be as follows: Frontier and Midwest On top then Republic.

Are you kidding me!!! Scope was destroyed my ALPA MAINLINE PILOTS who negotiated away they're flying AND SCOPE. UNITED, CONTINENTAL, USAIR, MIDWEST, DELTA negotiated their flying and their seats limits to regional carriers. Where have you been the last 10 years???!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Frontier, Midwest on top?

Anyone who thinks Republic will be the next great airline needs to go to rehab. What they are doing is destroying scope. I hope that Frontier gets those airbuses fenced for a long time. As for intergration of pilot groups, it should be as follows: Frontier and Midwest On top then Republic.

Just curious, what logic did you use to support doing the SLI that way? Frontier was the only one that was in BK correct? Why should they go to the top of the list?

jkurtfly used the logic of being yet another CRJ/ERJ warrior whose RJ doesn't have under-wing engines. Therefore the flying he does that used to be done by DC9-10s, DC9-30s, 727s, F100s, 737-200s, ad nauseum doesn't count. In the meantime he can join the bandwagon of "yeah, RAH sucks, they're all 23 year old kids, yeah, that's it...".

First of all I don't fly a shiny RJ, I fly a true regional aircraft a turboprop. And the company I fly for is losing them because of there image and no it is not Lynx. Yes I would like to fly an E190 for DELTA or UNITED, NOT REPUBIC. Not a miss spell, just how I feel. All jets 76 seats and over should be flown by mainline pilots. I know scope was gone along time ago, but the fact is Republic pilots are not helping the situation. You guys should never have accepted the flying you did at midwest without those pilots on your list. Good luck with getting a job out side of your great company. :puke:

PS - Republic can burn for all I care. REPUBLIC SUCKS!!!!!

Latest resources

Back