• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to buy Comair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If Comair is indeed bought by RAH, precedence would not lean in Comairs favor. It would be better for Comair to be bought by Mesa. Better chance for some seniority, and some good compromise. RAH MEC won't budge an inch. While I am thankful to have benefited from our MEC's toughness, it would not bod well for our Comair bretheren I fear.

All sheer, 100% speculation.

FDJ2 said:
Well certainly DAL's market Cap is worthless, but how much is DAL is worth? That's a different question. I suspect you'd have to pay significantly more than DAL's market cap to acquire the airline.

No kidding. The last I heard, Delta was $28 billion in the hole and burning through $5 - $6 million a day.

Last edited:
Delta is gonna threaten CHQ and MESA with losing their contracts to fly for Delta unless they "BUY COMAIR".

CHQ or MESA, which ever, will NEVER MERGE THE LISTS WITH COMAIR.

I can't believe any of you really think there will ever be a merger, staple, etc.

Has anyone seen what has been going on at SKYWEST/ASA?

That is what you'll see.

The two companies will have to UNDERCUT EACH OTHER FOR FLYING FOR YEARS TO COME.

Being bought by CHQ or MESA is going to be bad no matter what.

Every time more flying is proposed they'll say, "Who wants it more?" or even worse, they'll say "If you don't take more paycuts we'll transfer your planes to CHQ!"

Jet

jetflyer said:
Delta is gonna threaten CHQ and MESA with losing their contracts to fly for Delta unless they "BUY COMAIR".

CHQ or MESA, which ever, will NEVER MERGE THE LISTS WITH COMAIR.

I can't believe any of you really think there will ever be a merger, staple, etc.

Has anyone seen what has been going on at SKYWEST/ASA?

That is what you'll see.

The two companies will have to UNDERCUT EACH OTHER FOR FLYING FOR YEARS TO COME.

Being bought by CHQ or MESA is going to be bad no matter what.

Every time more flying is proposed they'll say, "Who wants it more?" or even worse, they'll say "If you don't take more paycuts we'll transfer your planes to CHQ!"

Jet

If (and this is a big IF) Mesa were to buy Comair, JO would have to merge the companys and lists. This is the only thing Mesa pilots got in the last contract. Scope. And one Seniority list. That said, you don't want to be bought by Mesa. I know, I work there. -Bean

Beantown said:
If (and this is a big IF) Mesa were to buy Comair, JO would have to merge the companys and lists. This is the only thing Mesa pilots got in the last contract. Scope. And one Seniority list. That said, you don't want to be bought by Mesa. I know, I work there. -Bean

Good point Bean,

I didn't know if Mesa bought someone they would have to merge. Good way to prevent a little bit of whipsaw.

I think it's going to be CHQ that is forced to buy Comair anyways. They've been getting threats that they're going to lose their contracts lately.

Jet

Last edited:
CHQ pilot contract also forbids flying outside of it's seniority list. No whipsaw. No alter-ego @ RAH. If we bought Comair they would have to be on our list to fly.

ASH said:
CHQ pilot contract also forbids flying outside of it's seniority list. No whipsaw. No alter-ego @ RAH. If we bought Comair they would have to be on our list to fly.

Ok, disregard everything I said! :) Thanks for correcting me.

So will it be a staple or a merger? :) Sucks for everyone.....

Jet

Last edited:
They've been getting threats that they're going to lose their contracts lately.

How do you know this? I heard Mesa has a 75% completion factor in MCO...anyone care to comment.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back