• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to buy Comair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"No way Delta is gonna piss away a company that they paid over a 1.8 billion dollars for (Is that right, 1.8 Billion? Can't remember)! If they do, they just lost there arse on that investment."

DAL already took the hit for a loss on CMR and ASA. If I'm not mistaken, it was either 3rd or 4th quarter of '05 to the tune of about $2.2B. That means any revenue generated by the sale of CMR goes in the plus column. Right now a couple hundred million bucks would help DAL continue to survive in BK.

Last edited:
OK... Heres the deal. This is from a reliable source of whom I can not disclose for legality purposes. Bedfords meeting in ATL last week had everything to do with RP buying CMR. The situation is this, if Republic wants to maintain its position as a DCI player, it needs to relieve some of the financial burden that is on DL right now. This is not new... we all remember the USAir situation where Republic actually invested $125 million into the bankrupt carrier, this is a somewhat similar situation except for the fact that if RP does not buy CMR, it could jeopardize the future of RP, DL and the DCI affiliation.

JJs Cantina said:
OK... Heres the deal. This is from a reliable source of whom I can not disclose for legality purposes. Bedfords meeting in ATL last week had everything to do with RP buying CMR. The situation is this, if Republic wants to maintain its position as a DCI player, it needs to relieve some of the financial burden that is on DL right now. This is not new... we all remember the USAir situation where Republic actually invested $125 million into the bankrupt carrier, this is a somewhat similar situation except for the fact that if RP does not buy CMR, it could jeopardize the future of RP, DL and the DCI affiliation.

Sounds possible, but without specifics, this goes into the rumor category.
To put it plainly..prove it.

This is an unofficial forum, what is said here is all hearsay, so drop the " legality purposes" and spill the beans. Otherwise, I call bluff.

ASH said:
Sounds possible, but without specifics, this goes into the rumor category.
To put it plainly..prove it.

This is an unofficial forum, what is said here is all hearsay, so drop the " legality purposes" and spill the beans. Otherwise, I call bluff.

Hey. I know you are smart because you are an airline pilot and you fly a jet and all... but I thought I did just spill the beans. I can not disclose the SOURCE of the information. As you said, this site is all hear say. I heard, so I said. Get over it.

This is gonna be a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNG thread, ain't it fellas?

Oh, the big giant impending Poo-Storm that this potential acquisition would cause, seniority integration-wise. Betcha we could get THAT thread up to around 300 pages or so. :rolleyes:

Don't think anybody wants to see it, especially CHQ/CMR guys.

But, if it has to be CHQ or MESA, then for CMR's sake and for God's sake, I hope it's CHQ.

Last edited:
Caveman is correct. Not only has DAL already eliminated any loss attributed to comair, they saved millions over the years in taxes when they were profitable. It is called a "cost center", and that is one of the main purposes of having a wholly owned. CAL executed an even bigger score. They used expressjet as a cost center when they were profitable, saving hundreds of millions of dollars. Then, when the economy took a dump they sold a portion of express-jet back to the public and made another few hundred million. Every time I hear how much DAL paid for cmr and asa I shake my head. They have recouped that money ten fold. Consider the asa-skywest transaction. They paid 750 million for asa and then sold them for 450 and shed over $1 billion dollars in aircraft leases that Skywest is now responsible for. You can look at it two ways, DAL basically doubled their money over a decade or they got free use of a few hundred rj's. We are not talking about buying and selling a house here, the holding period of the WO's is were the coin is, not the buy/sell transaction.

91 said:
I just want to post on page one of this thread...

RJ Bum said:
:laugh: Too late!

Musta been that gimpy-azz hand that slowed him down. :D You back to work yet?

CHuh--Chunk

Those sobs bumped me on a flight once!!! Commie air can go to the bottom!!!!!

sleddriver77 said:
This is gonna be a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNG thread, ain't it fellas?

Oh, the big giant impeding Poo-Storm that this potential acquisition would cause, seniority integration-wise. Betcha we could get THAT thread up to around 300 pages or so. :rolleyes:

Don't think anybody wants to see it, especially CHQ/CMR guys.

But, if it has to be CHQ or MESA, then for CMR's sake and for God's sake, I hope it's CHQ.

Well i dunno, Mesa seems to roll over on things alot quicker, so maybe for integration sake cmr will be better off at mesa in the long run.

Latest resources

Back