• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to buy Comair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a lot of people don't know is that when Delta bought both ASA and Comair, the Comair pilots offered DOH to ASA even though Comair could have demanded much more. Of course ALPA was too weak to force the merger...twice...but in the intra union meetings Comair offered ASA DOH...twice.
When there was an attempt to merge ASA and Comair, the first words out of Comairs mouth were "DOH."
Its interesting now that a rumor about Republic buying Comair has surfaced, the first words out of their mouths is "staple."

Who is "their"? Flightinfo? Ohhhh... OK! Got it! The post or two above from a person who you have no way of knowing? Brilliant conclusion! They want to staple you... ahhhh OMG yayayyaya...

I will tell you what it will be. It will be what BB wants.... Or better yet. It will be what BB thinks Jesus wants. That is what it will be.

Really... It will be what it will cost them the least on the short run. Then afterwards you can go and sue everyone for X years and by the time there will be a judgement in this "labour friendly environmen," [Borat! Pay attention now!] Not!" companies will have different CEOs, values, futures... everyone will move on. That is the game. You think RAH pilots will decide or will have a say?

It has been said here before. Here it goes again: SINCE WHEN DO PILOTS DECIDE WHAT IS GOING ON AT THEIR RESPECTIVE COMPANY?

You can't even strike here when you want! If we could strike, right now probably there would be a strike at RAH since the company walks over our contract all the time. They just did it again. It is like we don't have one. But we are not legal to srike. So F this 5 page thread. My only excuse posting here is that I am halfway drunk... hukckck... What is yours?

Why don't we have a 200 page thread about how we as pilots could lobby for changing the current law? Lets talk about that. There has to be something that we could do. It should not even be limited to pilots. We as unionized workes. Pilots, bus drivers, cops, teachers whoever... why can't we have them change the f...ing law? There is the problem. WHY?

OR even better yet. Why is that when I talk to any of my friends that went to SkyWest, they never talk about how the company screws them? They are also not bitter. It is just not a topic ever... Now I am confused...

Wouldn't Comair giving ASA straight date of hire back then essentially be a staple? I'm not current with the seniority situation over there. Let the republic guys say what they want. A staple will never happen. It would go to arbitration and a mediator would set what he thinks is fair.

Latest resources

Back