• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic staff reductions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You also had buy-a-job at Comair-remember ? That really "raised the bar" now didn't it ? Talk about "dragged backwards"...
Yeah. they did. But they got rid of that, then they went on strike and raised pay and rules. Then you guys lowed balled that, and then began the undercutting...

All of the regionals are undercutting mainline. You can actually support a family as a first officer at mainline after your first year. The same cannot be said about the regionals.

Wow, this place never changes. Same old regional-elitists bashing one another.

Anyway, I just wanted to wish everyone at RAH, and all the other airlines that are going through the same thing, good luck. I was there for about 4 years before getting out and switching careers (much happier now, some of you should try it. there's life beyond airplanes).

You win CRJFlyer. Your 200 some odd posts make you just that much smarter. My 6 posts display my lack of understanding this industry and how, We (RAH), are the downfall of the airline world. Besides, we were the first to fly RJ's weren't we?

All of the regionals are undercutting mainline. You can actually support a family as a first officer at mainline after your first year. The same cannot be said about the regionals.

You're right, the real trick is making it to 2nd year fo at the majors and staying off furlough for the next 8-10.

Wow, shame to see such bad blood on this site. I hope for the sake of those that are enjoying the bad times at RAH don't have to experience a furlough or a downgrade, as that might help them to build character and would be too painful for them.

For those at RAH getting furloughed or downgraded good luck and I will do my part to make sure you all have a good place to come back to.

We were used to 90+ hr lines with appr. 16 days off, 100% deadhead pay, never got junior manned. And yes the pay was greater. As an FO I was around $41/hr in year 3/4...Captains were topping out around $120 plus 25% for being a check airman.. I know it's only a few dollars here and there, especially in the FO side, but it should have kept going up... NOT BACK DOWN...

I have 91hrs with 17 off how's that? Actually this month I made it 19 off. I'd say that's livable no?

Secondly you need to remember you're at a regional and don't get mainline pay. I don't care what regional you work at even RAH, $120 an hr is complete BS and is the reason DAL couldn't afford you anyway. Pride before fall. Also you went to strike, trying to make a power play on DAL, which just let DAL know that it couldn't depend on you especially after the whole huge Christmas holiday failure you guys had costing millions upon millions. They quickly realized what too many eggs in one basket did to their bottom line. It screwed them so they needed to change that.

Sorry but its a cut throat business out there. Stop b!tching and realize that. I'm not here to pat you on the bottom and tell you everything's going to be alright. I'm here to work an honest living and pay my bills. There will always be movement from one player to another. Back and forth things go. Always has been and always will be. For God sakes grow up and be realistic. Do we need to call your mommy? You gonna cry?

Latest resources

Back