• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic staff reductions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sucks for everyone who is going to lose their jobs. This industry is going through a big downturn, with no hope for upturn at all.

I have a lot of friends that I left behind at Eagle when I moved to the UAE, and many at Eagle are telling me that they believe that RAH will be the proud owner of Eagle by the end of the year, if this is true hopefully some of you who are losing your jobs will get them back through this merger.

many at Eagle are telling me that they believe that RAH will be the proud owner of Eagle by the end of the year,

No one in their right mind would buy that many 50 seaters in this market. No one, and certainly not a company that is focused on 70+ seat growth.

As said above, anyone who has a beef with RAH has that beef with pilots who were hired over 4 years ago. The only people who are going to be on the streets (the ones who you are speaking so heartlessly to) are folks who have been on property less than a year. Heck, most of them were only logging multi time on MS Flight Sim when that contract was signed. Know your enemy. Otherwise, stop being a jerk.

""That's funny!!! I was at a road show and the main thing CHQ pilots were dealing with at the time was the threat of an alter-ego called Republic. They were underway to start up out of SDF flying for US Airways using furloughed US Airways pilots since the CHQ pilot group voted down the initial J4J deal.""

Same old tired excuse everytime a sh@t contract is ratified.. The fact still remains that a majority of the CHQ pilots voted in the contract that ultimately sealed the fate of many stronger carriers in terms of work rulkes and pay. And the majority of the CHQ pilots were excited/bragged about the huge amounts of growth that was going on over there..

Is it a coincidence that what my buddy said turned out to be true... Contract ratified, CHQ grows like a weed.(the kind you can't kill!) Maybe all the 2nd year pilots at CHQ who were already captains were just that much better pilots than our 15-20yr. guys.

I don't buy the whole alto-ego carrier excuse. I know what the selling point of the contract was.. Growth at the expense of carriers with superior working agreements.

Like I said I moved on and don't have a dog in this fight anymore. But I still get a kick outta riding on CHQ/Rep./Shuttle's 170's and knowing that the FO won't upgrade in a year and half anymore, and the captain will be stuck with his/her contract wages with little or no chance of moving to a major anytime soon. Enjoy the work rules and pay scales and enjoy flying that 170 around for a sh*t wage.

CRJFlyer, what about our work rules is so bad? I've been here 7 years. I've had 19 days off the last 2 months (without using vacation). 81 hour lines. No junior manning, no real ability to be extended. No hot reserve. Pay isn't that much different from anyone else. And the reason I voted yes on our contract was fear of the "Republic" monster. Not 1 word was ever spoken at a road show about more Delta flying, I promise. But, you're gonna believe what you want so, whatever.

If you are flying on contract for another carrier reality catches up with EVERYONE eventually! Republic et al. was nothing more than the flavor of the week, as Comair was before them! It sucks that anyone has to lose their job, but if you did not see it coming you are blind!

CRJFlyer said:
I don't buy the whole alto-ego carrier excuse.

Were you asleep while that whole "TSA is furloughing while GoJet is hiring" thing was going on???

As was written earlier you are gonna believe what you're predisposed to believe regardless of what FACTS anybody imparts on you...but to discount the threat of a non-union, alter-ego airline to the job security of those existing pilots is purely ignorant.

And I haven't worked for either RAH or CMR!

So now neither Comair or CHQ are in MCO.

So no one wins.

Of course OH won the battle of CVG. Congrats guys on winning the battle of Northern Kentucky. Enjoy it.

Thank you. NK is the best place I have ever lived. I am out in the country on 10 acres but only fifteen minutes to the employee lot. Low cost of living, very low crime, friendly people.

Crjflyer,

Dude you are way off. Totally mis-informed. Been here nine years. That stuff about an alter-ego is true. We voted to kill Republic. Why do you think we bought Mid Atlantic? And Shuttle America when they were only flying Dash 8's and going out of business? All the growth would have been on the alter-ego. What happened at TSA would've happened to us. But we stopped it. I am proud we did and my contract was an improvement over the previous one.

Or you can choose to believe the junk you continue to pollute the web with. Choose wisely.

Latest resources

Back