• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic staff reductions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The bitter, vile drivel being spewed on this thread is exactly the reason why people hate flightinfo.

The fact is the CHQ pilots accepted their contract because they were told they would receive the majority of the Delta flying!!!

Anybody at CHQ that says different is either lying or wasn't at the road shows... I had a friend that worked there (CHQ) that called me DURING a roadshow and told me verbatim what they were being told...

Of course he upgraded in a year and then a year later was interviewing at a major, while I and many others at OH spent the better part of 5 years waiting to upgrade.... Most, like myself, moved on to better jobs before ever upgrading.

The fact is we at OH were nearly forced into the pay freeze by the CHQ pilot contract...We were told by tour MEC we needed this just to maintain our fleet numbers, NOT TO GROW.... And the rest is history.

The fact is the CHQ pilots accepted their contract because they were told they would receive the majority of the Delta flying!!!

Anybody at CHQ that says different is either lying or wasn't at the road shows... I had a friend that worked there (CHQ) that called me DURING a roadshow and told me verbatim what they were being told...

Of course he upgraded in a year and then a year later was interviewing at a major, while I and many others at OH spent the better part of 5 years waiting to upgrade.... Most, like myself, moved on to better jobs before ever upgrading.

The fact is we at OH were nearly forced into the pay freeze by the CHQ pilot contract...We were told by tour MEC we needed this just to maintain our fleet numbers, NOT TO GROW.... And the rest is history.

Uhm, it's called a whipsaw. Sounds like it worked. The last sentence in your post says it all.

We were told by tour MEC we needed this just to maintain our fleet numbers, NOT TO GROW.... And the rest is history.

So let me get this straight when you take it in the @ss for growth/maintaining fleet numbers it's okay. Or it's the other guys fault cause they started it? Wouldn't you be less of a hippocrite if you had stood your ground?

That's funny!!! I was at a road show and the main thing CHQ pilots were dealing with at the time was the threat of an alter-ego called Republic. They were underway to start up out of SDF flying for US Airways using furloughed US Airways pilots since the CHQ pilot group voted down the initial J4J deal. BB wanted those airframes and needed to staff them with furloughed guys and he was willing to do that with or without the CHQ pilots agreeing to J4J. The CHQ pilot group spent a lot of negotiating capital getting scope for Republic Airways Holdings and one seniority list across any and all certificates. DL growth was talked about, but never hung as a carrot. The CHQ pilot's primary goal in those negotiations was to ensure all flying done was by someone on the CHQ list. That mission was accomplished and the past four and a half years has since played out with one list covering three certificates..... and good growth.

Hey, it doesn't matter to me anymore, I have moved on. Just adding details and all. Good luck to those at RAH and other places with pilots getting furloughed. It sucks for everyone.

That's funny!!! I was at a road show and the main thing CHQ pilots were dealing with at the time was the threat of an alter-ego called Republic. They were underway to start up out of SDF flying for US Airways using furloughed US Airways pilots since the CHQ pilot group voted down the initial J4J deal. BB wanted those airframes and needed to staff them with furloughed guys and he was willing to do that with or without the CHQ pilots agreeing to J4J. The CHQ pilot group spent a lot of negotiating capital getting scope for Republic Airways Holdings and one seniority list across any and all certificates. DL growth was talked about, but never hung as a carrot. The CHQ pilot's primary goal in those negotiations was to ensure all flying done was by someone on the CHQ list. That mission was accomplished and the past four and a half years has since played out with one list covering three certificates..... and good growth.

Hey, it doesn't matter to me anymore, I have moved on. Just adding details and all. Good luck to those at RAH and other places with pilots getting furloughed. It sucks for everyone.

Same excuse Mesa Pilot use, not a big surprise you are in the same league.

Seriously you guys (who are whining about who's flying's who's and why republic is suposedly so bad) are idiots.

Why cheer on pilots loosing their jobs who arent the problem, if republic did somehow "Steal" flying. If anything you would have a beef with the older folks...not those who are about to hit the street.

Hey Doh again...go F yourself. If you are ever if Chicago look me so I can kick you in the v*gina :angryfire

The letter the Teamsters put out is a matter of record. If I am ever in Chicago, I will be at the bar. If you can get up off your knees and pull yourself away from your boyfriend's c**k, come on down and try.

Latest resources

Back