Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic going shopping at the Delta Connection sale?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bvt1151 said:
Like the fact that Skywest was already in talks with DCI for Comair's 70's and that Comair's pay freeze is still way ahead of CHQ in every category?

I'd say DGdaPilot hit the nail on the head.

Yes you are correct. Comair beats CHQ hands down in EVERY category of their contract including junior manning (CHQ doesn't even have such a beautiful thing). And your upgrade times? WOW 5-6 years now? Awesome! Fact: My private pilot flight instructor is sitting right seat at your "Precious" Airline while I am making more money with less longevity sitting left seat. Not to gloat, just fact. So keep on beating us! Please!!!

Jack Mahogoff said:
And your upgrade times? WOW 5-6 years now? Awesome! Fact: My private pilot flight instructor is sitting right seat at your "Precious" Airline while I am making more money with less longevity sitting left seat. Not to gloat, just fact. So keep on beating us! Please!!!

And there you have it folks...

I thought pilots were professionals when I started this gig. Now I think we are a bunch of pansies. Hopefully most of our opinions are vented here and not seen on the line (i.e. MCO). Why don't we treat every airline pilot with respect, what a concept!!! yes, even gulfstream and mesa.

Comair and ASA upgrade times are around 3 years opposed to 1year (or when they get enough flight time) at Chautauqua. At least a 2nd year + Comair FO makes a decent living, probably close to what a reserve captain makes at Chautauqua with pay credits, DS's, full DH pay, more per diem, etc....

twobits said:
um, no.... i thought that was what it is... maybee 3.16 years but around 3

I think upgrade time is about 5 to 6 years.
One of my friends at ASA has been in th right seat since 01.

cmrflyer said:
the A ramp is senior because it is such a f** UP. Or maybe its because ACA use to be their, grow up dick. When was the last time anybody from CHQ was invited to a rampies birthday, I was based in CVG and still being invited to MCO rampies Christmas parties. Grow up. Two years in an exComair base and you think you own it. Delta owns Comair and wants nothing to do with it (two seperate companies (thats right genarel)) you park your planes there for two years, and now its your base (run by Comair ground personnel). You call the rampies the "little people", I have heard that from three leed rampies,NICE.

I actually have a bunch of friends working for CHQ based in MCO that i use to go to flight school with (Daytona).I still cannot excuse thier ingnorance to fact that our ops (as crap as it is) is ours, we don't drop our overnight bags in yours, so respect our and stay out. Or is it beyond your ability to have respect.

PS where is your OPS. thats right Delta expresses old ops, I guess room must be tight in there. now you want comair ops too. I guess next time i want a dump and dont have time to drive home........ just like you and not having enought time to walk to your ops.

I'll try to answer this with a little less venom than my first reply.

The comment about the A ramp in CVG was made by an ex-ACA pilot, not a CHQ guy. Interesting that they got the same response.

I'm not even based in MCO, so I don't know who goes to Christmas parties or not. The only reason I've ever been in "your" ops is that I asked a ramper if there was somewhere nearby to leave my bag during a quick turn, while I grabbed a sandwhich. He offered the use of "your" ops. He also said we're welcome to stop in whenever. If I have time during a turn, I'd rather go to my own crewroom since it has company computers and more comfy chairs. But I'd wager that as long as the rampers are telling out-based crews to drop in, we're gonna see CHQ guys in there. Sorry you think that's disrespectful.

I saw a ton of flight bags stored there, most of which had Comair tags. Frankly if we have guys leaving their flight cases there, I'd agree it's rude. Space is tight there too.

Sorry about the "dump" comment. Not necessary.

I highly doubt any of our MCO bubbas are calling the rampers "little people", although statistically we're bound to have some SOBs around somewhere.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUP

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

This is officially the end of this thread.

Any more replies posted after mine will be SEVERLY punished by reading the CBA's for every single regional airline in North America followed by you preparing a detailed summary including graphs and Excel spreadsheets.

Bart Simpson said:
Any more replies posted after mine will be SEVERLY punished by reading the CBA's for every single regional airline in North America followed by you preparing a detailed summary including graphs and Excel spreadsheets.

But wait, isn't Chautauqua stealing Comair's flying?

;)

Jack Mahogoff said:
Yes you are correct. Comair beats CHQ hands down in EVERY category of their contract including junior manning (CHQ doesn't even have such a beautiful thing). And your upgrade times? WOW 5-6 years now? Awesome! Fact: My private pilot flight instructor is sitting right seat at your "Precious" Airline while I am making more money with less longevity sitting left seat. Not to gloat, just fact. So keep on beating us! Please!!!

This type of stuff is why myself and several others that have been around here for awhile have stopped posting as much as we used too. I'm not referring to the CMR/CHQ comparison.

Mahogoff - thats wonderful that you are doing so well in your career. You've had some LUCK. Yes thats LUCK and its all there is too it. Someday the shoe may be on the other foot (read yours) and we'll just see how you handle it. What comes around in this industry goes around. You'll get yours. Maybe you should talk to some of your senior guys (the few that have been ther 10 plus years (btw 10+ isn't even junior at my airline) and thay can tell you how your outfit was almost out of bizz in the mid/late 90's.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back