Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic going shopping at the Delta Connection sale?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me preface this post by saying I am just a line pilot and do not know much about anything.

Every week the argument comes up on this board about pay scales and it NEVER gets resolved. Remember where most of us came from? Remember the days of eating machine cuisine and Ramen Noodles every day because that was all you could afford as a flight instructor? Being a “regional” FO is still much better then flight instructing. Until they get paid better, there is always going to be a ton of pilots willing to make $22.00/hr for the first year. Especially since the QOL is much better.

There are more issues then our pay scales. If United or any other carrier wants to add lift to their express operation they are going to give the contract to whoever has the lowest bid. Therefore our companies try to keep their costs low so that they can generate new business. One of the easiest ways to accomplish this is by keeping the payroll low.

On another note, are we really going to argue that the airlines were harder hit during the recession then they were post 9/11?

I think it is great to see Freedom come to Orlando. It was awsome to see how happy the CHQ guys were when they heard the news. You should have heard them, scope this, contract that etc,etc ..... What a laugh.

I guess the reality of someone doing your job for less pay isn't quite as much fun when you are the one getting undercut!

Enjoy it kids.

Maybe now they can stay the hell out of our "ops". I know its nice, but you have your own.

cmrflyer said:
I think it is great to see Freedom come to Orlando. It was awsome to see how happy the CHQ guys were when they heard the news. You should have heard them, scope this, contract that etc,etc ..... What a laugh.

I guess the reality of someone doing your job for less pay isn't quite as much fun when you are the one getting undercut!

Enjoy it kids.

Maybe now they can stay the hell out of our "ops". I know its nice, but you have your own.

Way to be the little man and take this thread back in a bad direction after the last two posts were constructive. A$$hat

cmrflyer said:

Enjoy it kids.

If you are a CMR pilot, you should see the irony in your own post!

Axel said:
We are not the enemy. Not unless we allow our common enemy to make it so in our minds. If we allow that, then we are the tools of management and we own the consequences. So stop with childish and repetetive schoolyard tiffs and stop dancing to management's tune.

cmrflyer said:

Enjoy it kids.

You, cmrflyer, are by definition management's tool. An unwitting tool, perhaps, but no less useful for it. Although, in all fairness if indeed the CHQ guys were whining as you said they share space in the toolbox with you.

Last edited:
cmrflyer said:

Enjoy it kids.

First off, agreed that any CHQ brothers b!tching about MESA coming to Orlando is stupid. As always, any of us are only gonna fly where mgmt puts the airplane. I KNOW nobody was dumb enough to be bitching about scope. Our air-tight scope only stops our own holding company from fukcing us. Has nothing to do with who does DCI, ABC, etc...

Why don't you ask your rampers who they'd rather see hang out in "your" ops. They actually like us 'cuz we'll hang out, talk to them, share a smoke, and treat 'em like real people, instead of having our noses in the air because we happen to drive a WSCoD or a Tundra jet. BTW that place is a dump. We only hang out there when our turn time isn't long enough to hike down to gate 93. Peace.

Good until the 2nd paragraph, then more of the same.

nyuh-uhhh!

Get the BFH. Right there in the toolbox.

If it is such a bump, i suggest you stay out, and keep you bags out of there too. To tell you the truth i have been friends with our rampies in orlando for almost six years, i know them by name. The only time you see a nose in the air its because something around here stinks.

Hey cmrflyer,
If the ramp and gate people like you so much why were they so sad to see ACJet leave LGA, BOS and JFK. Why did the A gates in CVG go senior for the rampers if you guys are so great. They all hated you guys and said that us at ACjet were much better to hang out with.

The whole payscale argument is a joke...A HUGE JOKE!!

For Comair people that think they are on a high horse(I tuly believe this is a minority of that pilot group)......Whats your basis?? Other people doing the same job for less? When are we going to see a Delta mainline scale for you guys?? Don't tell me for a second there weren't mainline a/c on half the routes you fly less than a few years ago...there are WAYYY too many planes parked in the desert for you to answer otherwise.

This goes for almost every regional jet operation. Is it the way things are now in the industry? yes. But for God's sake shutup about who gets what and who you're not allowing to jumpseat and who's racing to the bottom etc...

You just go to work and fly where they tell you to fly right? It's not your fault your company can do the job for less than a prevous mainline a/c and crew is it?? Well take that mentality and apply it to the hypocrictical arguments on here day after day after day.

Go to work. Enjoy yourself. Worry about yourself. Stop b!tcing.

T-Hawk

P.S. Lets start a new forum called "Payscales" and move all of this bickering into it, so the regional forum can perhaps go two reply's without this 5 year old whining.
Bring back the "taking a dump on an airplane thread" That was back when everyone here acted like dorky pilots, instead of dorky b!tches. Much better if you ask me.

Latest resources

Back