Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic going shopping at the Delta Connection sale?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bvt1151 said:
Like the fact that Skywest was already in talks with DCI for Comair's 70's and that Comair's pay freeze is still way ahead of CHQ in every category?

I'd say DGdaPilot hit the nail on the head.

Not so, in 2 years, a CHQ pilot (or most any other regional pilot) will make more than a Comair pilot with the same length of service. This is for both 50 and 70 seat captain pay, and is only considering hard pay rates.

Jesus, listen to you guys. Playing right into management's hands.

Redirect.... Who is the adversary?

DGdaPilot said:
I think there's more to it.

That not only applies to this thread but every aspect of a pilot group's decisions. We at CHQ/RP did what we did because at the time, with ALL things considered, we felt it needed to be done.

Those at Comair did what they did because they felt it needed to be done. Stating the obvious, but every labor contract is different because each pilot group may have different priorities.

Not everyone hear at CHQ/RP may like 100% of our contract and the same may go at every airline for their respective contracts, but all it takes is 51% to like it. That's the way it goes.

This includes our CHQ pilots here at "The Hangar"...do not blame another union's contract for your own situation. That's why we have different unions...you negotiate you own scope language, scheduling, payscales, etc. This whole "Race to the Bottom", destroying the pilot groups, selling yourselves BS argument has got to stop. You do your thing and I'll do mine.

Our FO payscales do suck for the most part. No one can argue against that... something to work on. But just 5 years ago, we were only flying 25 or so E145's (I think), 6 J-balls and and a few dozen Saabs with only 360 pilots. Now, we're leaps and bounds above that looking at the potential of flying the E190's(which we have no control over where they go...we just get our schedules and point the airplanes in the right direction). Is that bad? maybe.

Could we as a pilot done better? Possibly
Could yours? Possibly

It worked for us in the long run, but who knows in 5 or 10 years.

Quit blaming each other. Worry about your own butt.
Put yer units away and have a beer.

I think the soap box is giving out so I'm stepping off.

DGdaPilot said:
I think there's more to it.

Funny how when CHQ didn't get a killer contract, they "rolled over"... But when Comair or ExpJet don't get a killer contract or take a pay freeze, it's because "there's more to it".

Well apparently some CMR pilots were quick to talk when maybe they shouldn't have. Who cares....it's all just an endless cycle of fingerpointing. If someone buys into it, then it's their own fault.

I think we did really good in a post 9/11 enviroment. The problem with everyones contract is that everyone has an opinion on them. Here is the HUGEST thing that we DONT have at CHQ----- Junior Manning, and in my opinion that says alot.

post sept-11th is BS..... The US economy was in a recession during Comair's contract negotiations. Something that was not so for chautauqua's or Mesa's contract.

http://www.thestreet.com/comment/spincycle/10001661.html

so if you use the sept. 11th argument then I have some land in FL I'd like to sell you (which is really good since MESA is about to show up and they obviously bought the doomsday reports from JO).

This really is a race to the bottom until some people collectively start to grow some OO

twobits said:
post sept-11th is BS..... The US economy was in a recession during Comair's contract negotiations. Something that was not so for chautauqua's or Mesa's contract.

http://www.thestreet.com/comment/spincycle/10001661.html

so if you use the sept. 11th argument then I have some land in FL I'd like to sell you (which is really good since MESA is about to show up and they obviously bought the doomsday reports from JO).

This really is a race to the bottom until some people collectively start to grow some OO

Ok,so if things are so great why did Condom Air (The Delta Protection) agree to concessions,hmmmm ?

twobits said:
...This really is a race to the bottom until some people collectively start to grow some OO

The race to the bottom will continue until the pilots of all the airlines direct their anger and energy to the real source of the issue.

Someone comes on here with the "you're a bunch of wusses" speal and whoever got called a wuss says "nuh-uhhh" then starts the "yuh-huhh" and we see the same stupid thread we saw last week with the same stupid arguments and only the adjectives rearranged.

Management is pittting us against one another because it distracts us from the real issue. If it is a race to the bottom, it is not CHQ or Mesa or Comair who started it and/or perpetuates it. The starter's pistol is in your CEO's hand and the stands are filled with cheering stockholders.

We are not (or should not be) the enemy. Comair did not go to their management and say "Listen, we want more jets. Would a pay freeze be OK?" CHQ did not go to theirs and say "These pay rates are too high, can we negotiate something lower?" Nor did any of this happen in a vacuum. Don't you all think that the respective managements are not aware of and are not exploiting (as an integral part of their business plan) the tactical advantage of having the pilot groups compete against one another?

Not only does it allow the pilots to do the work of keeping wages down and work rules poor, it focuses the anger away from those at whom it should be directed. Did anyone read Orwell's "1984"? As long as the anger is directed at an enemy on the outside, the people will not see where the true injustice lies.

I am reminded of the Python flick "The Life of Brian". The Judean Peoples Front and the Peoples Front of Judea were so busy fighting each other that they completely lost sight of the fact that they were formed to resist the Romans. Remember that? Sound familiar? Difference is that it was funny when Python did it on the screen. We are living that dream and that is decidedly unfunny.

We are not the enemy. Not unless we allow our common enemy to make it so in our minds. If we allow that, then we are the tools of management and we own the consequences. So stop with childish and repetetive schoolyard tiffs and stop dancing to management's tune.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back