Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic going shopping at the Delta Connection sale?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Speaking of DCI crew rooms.....can't wait for those Mesa children to be taking up valuable recliner space in ATL/SLC.

Ooops, that was inflammatory and childish....pardon moi.

Jack Mahogoff said:
Yes you are correct. Comair beats CHQ hands down in EVERY category of their contract including junior manning (CHQ doesn't even have such a beautiful thing). And your upgrade times? WOW 5-6 years now? Awesome! Fact: My private pilot flight instructor is sitting right seat at your "Precious" Airline while I am making more money with less longevity sitting left seat. Not to gloat, just fact. So keep on beating us! Please!!!

I dont see how you can hold an upgrade time over anyone...Its a crapshoot. And the larger and more stable any airline gets its going to take longer to upgrade. The whole argument of, well we make more in 2 years b/c we are capts, has never held any water.

cmrflyer said:
the A ramp is senior because it is such a f** UP. Or maybe its because ACA use to be their, grow up dick. When was the last time anybody from CHQ was invited to a rampies birthday, I was based in CVG and still being invited to MCO rampies Christmas parties. Grow up. Two years in an exComair base and you think you own it. Delta owns Comair and wants nothing to do with it (two seperate companies (thats right genarel)) you park your planes there for two years, and now its your base (run by Comair ground personnel). You call the rampies the "little people", I have heard that from three leed rampies,NICE.

I actually have a bunch of friends working for CHQ based in MCO that i use to go to flight school with (Daytona).I still cannot excuse thier ingnorance to fact that our ops (as crap as it is) is ours, we don't drop our overnight bags in yours, so respect our and stay out. Or is it beyond your ability to have respect.

PS where is your OPS. thats right Delta expresses old ops, I guess room must be tight in there. now you want comair ops too. I guess next time i want a dump and dont have time to drive home........ just like you and not having enought time to walk to your ops.

JUST an FYI. The room under gate 93 is our break room. OPS for the ENTIRE concourse is located @ gate 60. With the CHQ owned weather radar in your "ops", they we must go look at.
I will do my best to stay out of your "one desk" while I am in MCO.

Are u that old crusty CPT that tries to pick fights with our pilots every week in your "ops"???

Bart Simpson said:
I.P. Freely and LearLove, your TPS Reports are due next Monday.

Please send them to the island of I-Don't-Care.

I got the memo, Bart. In future I will not forget the covers on my TPS reports.

I would be careful were you leave your crew bag in MCO from now on,those Comair cats may pee all over it marking out there territory.

Oh and by the way Comair paid for the carpet along the 60 gates so we at CHQ are now required to walk along the outside of the building,please do not walk on this carpet.Frankly the sight of Twobits spreadeagled clinging to the said carpet daring you to walk on it would be too much.

Grow up soon and dont pee on my bag!

Now seriously, folks, does anybody really give an ass-dropping about the ownership of space??

Fact: The OPS hut is there for pilot use, and best I can tell, everybody in MCO has business being in the "Comair" shed since it's the only place to have a whiz and check the weather in the gate area.

Fact: Delta will keep CMR ground handling in place wherever possible to keep the work in-house and be able to keep a tight reign on it wherever possible. This explains why the MCO and FLL ramps are run by CMR when 75% of the flying is currently done by the 'Taco. It doesn't matter what the side of the plane says, the pax still think it's Delta, and I like the guys on the plane next to me the same no matter who writes their paychecks.

Fact: Neither me, my fellow pilots, nor my MEC has any say in where we fly, or what color paint is on the planes. I try to be friendly wherever I end up, and for the most part it's returned. However, a select few CMR guys are the biggest douchebags I've ever met, bar none. This includes working with AEagle, TransStates, The U wholly-owneds and affiliates, the UEX gang, and all the DLC carriers. That's about fifteen pilot groups total. Said another way, it's ALL the regional pilots except for XJ, PCL, and XJT.

From that whole group, the CMR guys are the ONLY ones that don't get this simple fact: We all took the jobs that were offered where we needed them, when we needed them, and were the best we could get at the time! Some of us got lucky, others not so much. I might make a little more at CMR, but I can't see myself there holding 18 days off, home every night I want to be, and NEVER having been forced to work when I don't want to. I'm in my sixth year and I have 3500 turbine PIC and a chance to move on before 30 if I want it. At CMR I MIGHT hold a captain line if I'm lucky.

Fact: I dunno why I bother, the same ten jackasses that piss everybody off will never get it no matter what the rest of us try..

..CT

Chicken taco,

Serious question. Will CHQ displace the MCO based pilots when Mesa moves in, or will it still be a base? I honestly haven't heard what will happen when Mesa comes in.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Chicken taco,

Serious question. Will CHQ displace the MCO based pilots when Mesa moves in, or will it still be a base? I honestly haven't heard what will happen when Mesa comes in.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

Our company opens and closes bases like you change your underware. There is no telling. Mngt has said very little on the issue. MCO is still our largest base.

The only thing I have seen on routes is this from MESA:

http://photos.mesalounge.com/showphoto.php?photo=609

Not too much overlap. Alot of new routes and new direct destinations.

Latest resources

Back