Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic/Frontier/Midwest SLI Arbitration?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any thoughts on the facts that the 195s next year willl come with 118 seats while your 318s are going away with 120 seats? Not one bit. You and FAPA still fail to see the full potential of this management group. Sadly, I dont feel it will be too long till it happens.

We have 4 A-318s left. Go ahead and replace them with EMB-195s. We don't want to fly them for your rates. We have 10 A-320s coming and we know what our rate is for those. Our contract says Frontier pilots fly everything over 120,000 GTOW. This airline will have to grow with bigger mainline airplanes or ultimately it won't matter anyway. BTW, the 195s you speak of are replacing the little Embraers in your fleet not the Airbus. The A-318s were going away before RAH had anything to do with Frontier.

We have 4 A-318s left. Go ahead and replace them with EMB-195s. We don't want to fly them for your rates. We have 10 A-320s coming and we know what our rate is for those. Our contract says Frontier pilots fly everything over 120,000 GTOW. This airline will have to grow with bigger mainline airplanes or ultimately it won't matter anyway. BTW, the 195s you speak of are replacing the little Embraers in your fleet not the Airbus. The A-318s were going away before RAH had anything to do with Frontier.

You are correct!!! about the A/C and I/we don't want to fly does a/c at that current rate eather!!!! But then again no body cares what I say anyway.

Last edited:
USMC319 has got mad game! Embraerjetpilot I am afraid that my boy is countering every post you have. You have not mentioned my post what BB wrote? What is up? You are losing your touch and your arguements.

While I hate to argue with a fellow Illini(ILL- screw OSU).. I take exception with the statement that Lynx was a "WORSE" regional. We had worse pay rates. We had better schedules, better work rules, and most importantly management that respected us. I will take that over a few bucks an hour any day of the week. However I will agree that we were a regional and should be integrated appropriately with the other regional(RAH). To say that many of our pilots were junior based simply on DOH is unfair though, as most had extensive other experience. We came to Lynx hoping for a great operation which for 3 years we got. And contrary to many rumors at the time of acquisition we were making money hand over fist and expected to retain our options.. I don't understand people who say we had "no career expectations".

And while I appreciate the optimism I don't think Lynx CA's or anyone else will come out as well as you think.

cale
You're right, there is no such thing as a "good" regional so I was definitely wrong when I called Lynx a "worse" regional. They're all bad in their own ways!
I'm sure the Lynx pilots had other experience, so did most of the RAH pilots. As for career expectations, you are a regional, according to mainline pilots you had no career expectations. According to another regional, your career expectations were the same as our career expectations. Get in, upgrade, get out. At least those were my expectations.

Many of us at RAH want nothing to do with F9 and their airbuses (that they hold on such a high pedestal). Sure, some people now see the SLI as a distant chance that at some point, years down the road, they could fly an airbus. The majority of those people are the very senior people (or career changers) who have resigned themselves to flying at a regional forever. The only way they get to fly bigger a/c is if scope is relaxed further (please no!) at the majors and RAH wins an RFP, or by this acquisition of F9 by RAH.

Everyone else want to get past this dick-measuring contest that people are having, come together and get a bargaining agent in place and a new contract ironed out. We now have an airline that has ALL of the flying done in-house. From E135's through A320's. Let's keep it that way, it's unique in that sense.

The thing the F9 guys miss with the "seat grab" is that RAH's contract that forced the SLI does not allow/force a bump and flush. There will be some sort of fence, and in reality no current RAH guy will be able to bid a Bus slot without a vacancy. More than likely the arbitrator will put up some sort of fence saying a native RAH guy can't bid Bus captain until all the current Bus FOs have upgraded or had the opportunity.

In the meantime, what did you all expect IBT to propose? A staple of the pilots from the acquiring company, like FAPAs proposal?

Anyone hear about BB possibly selling F9 to American in exchange for their Eagle Operations? That'd be a sweet deal with eagles flow-thru agreement.

Anyone hear about BB possibly selling F9 to American in exchange for their Eagle Operations? That'd be a sweet deal with eagles flow-thru agreement.

That would accomplish the exact opposite of what RAH is trying to do with the branded operation. RAH is moving away from Fee For Departure, for a very good reason. Selling the brand in exchange for more FFD, and a lot more 50 seaters, would not make sense.

Hey anything is possible!!! But didn't AA 4Q earnings where pritty bad!! Like -97 mil!! don't believe it till you read it or get the pink slip in the mail...

His English is a lot better than my Spanish.

Latest resources

Back