Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic/Frontier/Midwest SLI Arbitration?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What do you mean by implosion? I've been holding off on a class to see how the SLI goes first, but any info would be appreciated.

We've experienced quite a few operational meltdowns recently ranging from computer network issues down to severe crew shortages. HQ just now seems to be noticing the staffing shortage. Any near term hiring still could not cover the massive attrition. The ultra lean staffing model is really biting them in the butt even with massive numbers of pilots picking up as much extra flying that's available.

We've experienced quite a few operational meltdowns recently ranging from computer network issues down to severe crew shortages. HQ just now seems to be noticing the staffing shortage. Any near term hiring still could not cover the massive attrition. The ultra lean staffing model is really biting them in the butt even with massive numbers of pilots picking up as much extra flying that's available.

So nice of them to keep on picking up all of that open time with hundreds on the street. Keep it classy guys.

That severe shortage and lack of crews must be on the RAH certificates because I do not see it on the Airbus side. CHQFLYER how much do you want to bet that this company of ours will be around after summer? You are speaking for the RAH side of things right? Over here on the F9 side of it, things seem to be alright. I have not seen the sky falling like you are saying. The only meltdowns I have seen is due to weather and almost every airline has experienced this this winter.

There's no arrogance there. Being furloughed from SWA is still light years better than being employed by RAH. Have you failed to notice the utter implosion of RAH over the last month? At the current rate, we're done by summer.

Again an individual that does not have the facts straight. As SSHRAE pointed out(post #90) there would not have been any recall rights for the approximate 160 pilots that would have been furloughed at F9. CHQFLYER, you are right we would have been light years better off at SWA for us senior guys while throwing our fellow junior pilots under the BUS! Before you go spouting off, PLEASE get your FACTS straight.
If you have something to bring to the table(FACTS) by all means I am all ears.

Last edited:
Again an individual that does not have the facts straight. As SSHRAE pointed out(post #90) there would not have been any recall rights for the approximate 160 pilots that would have been furloughed at F9. CHQFLYER, you are right we would have been light years better off at SWA for us senior guys while throwing our fellow junior pilots under the BUS! Before you go spouting off, PLEASE get your FACTS straight.

So what makes you think the new SLI will not throw your fellow junior pilots under the BUS ?

That severe shortage and lack of crews must be on the RAH certificates because I do not see it on the Airbus side. CHQFLYER how much do you want to bet that this company of ours will be around after summer? You are speaking for the RAH side of things right? Over here on the F9 side of it, things seem to be alright. I have not seen the sky falling like you are saying. The only meltdowns I have seen is due to weather and almost every airline has experienced this this winter.
Yes the issues are on the regional side of the house. I am truly sorry that we might drag you guys down with us.

I just can't quit butting in.

Do you have the FACTS to back up what you say?

Gup

I just can't quit butting in.

Do you have the FACTS to back up what you say?

Gup

I do! Now about the butting in part, enjoy your career at SWA making your 140,000. I wish you a long and prosperous career and I do mean that. No ill will.

Last edited:
So what makes you think the new SLI will not throw your fellow junior pilots under the BUS ?

Our lead negotiator for FAPA is an FO so I can assure you we did not throw any of our pilots under the BUS. All entities got to present their case and arbitrator Eischen will decide everybody's fate. So to answer your question it may or not be favorable for F9 FO's. Remember Black Sheep no STS no implementation of SLI. Do not forget the possible fence as well.

Last edited:
So nice of them to keep on picking up all of that open time with hundreds on the street. Keep it classy guys.
Actually, what's hurting the company on the RW certificate (Republic) is the LACK of people picking up open-time. Each week that goes by fewer and fewer pilots pick up/do favors because they are realizing (finally) that the company does not remember, nor care, that you helped them out. I wish everyone would just stop helping the company out. As far as the guys on the street, I see and agree with what you are saying buuuuuut those people on the street are not on our seniority list yet so b/c of that technicality the few that do pick up open-time don't have that on their conscience...yet.

That's correct. F9 is still operating "status quo." Give it time, give it time. My own personal theory is that RAH is protecting the branded flying at the expense of the FFD flying. That explains why the RW (Republic) certificate in particular is hurting soooooo badly for pilots. I can't prove it but it certainly fits.

The weather meltdowns have only exacerbated the situation by exposing just how understaffed we are (from CS to DX to the flight crews).

The writing is on the wall, at least for the FFD side. Oh, did you hear, BB mentioned in his Undercover Boss episode that he was returning the 10% pay-cut that the F9 employees took. Well, actually he meant that he would recommend to the board that they return the paycut over 3 years. Now it's starting to sound as though the board is going to deny this due to money being so tight.

Latest resources

Back