Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airways Holdings Inc. (RJET), SkyWest, Inc. (SKYW): A New Business Strategy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The reason I know you are not a pilot is because you take way too much enjoyment in others potential discomfort, you are juvenile mean, the kind of person so miserable in their own skin, that they can't enjoy anything except someone's potential misfortune.

Actually, that describes about every pilot I know, myself included. Most of us take at least some enjoyment out of miserable failures of others, the more miserable, the better.

Actually, that describes about every pilot I know, myself included. Most of us take at least some enjoyment out of miserable failures of others, the more miserable, the better.

Wow,
I have been a pilot for 25 years and 121 for more than 15, with few exceptions, I have not met a 121 pilot who enjoyed another pilots misfortune/failures. I do not mistake interest for enjoyment, whereas Genny truly enjoys others misfortune. If what you say is true there is little hope for the future of the piloting community.
Sad

Juvenile mean? I am wishing you and "Uncle" Steve the best in your future together. Why is that mean?

There is no doubt there will be regional pilots from many regionals, including SKW, in all 3 legacy cockpits soon. All 3 will need about 15,000 newhires through the next decade. That doesn't mean scope will be eroded, especially since consolidation has helped airlines become MORE profitable, thanks to fewer choices on the Internet. Extra profits doesn't mean concessions, and the current pilot group at all 3 legacies that were furloughed after 9-11 just won't forget the outsourcing of their jobs. The older guys that didn't care are starting to retire, and that means tighter scope to get a YES vote. This last contract added 70 76 seaters, but guaranteed fewer 50 seaters, and those 76 seaters come only if the 717s do, at the same time. It recaptured flying, and nothing larger at the regionals.

Your E195 assertion could equally be CRJ-1000s, since you guys fly the CRJ series. Any CRK's out there? Nope. Just because you have one size plane, doesn't mean you get a larger version later.

So, hug it out with "Uncle" Steve and have a fantastic night.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Genny,
Your wishing comment is nothing more than a projection of your own homoerotic fantasies.

The scope issue is moot, based upon DAL pilots past history, there is the assumption that the past behavior will continue. DAL pilots gave scope relief in exchange for retirement of airframes that were rapidly approaching life limits on the fuselage. In essence the DAL pilots , achieved nothing, nada, big fat zero. The reality is that the DAL pilots signed on the line to keep other pilots on lower paying payscales, in order to reap a reward for themselves. So when you imply that the average DAL pilot cares for anything other than their immediate gains you are sadly mistaken.

As far as the CRJ vs EMB airframes, look at the last DAL contract, the pilots gave up larger airframes, plain and simple, they rolled over and took it.

And once again, your Uncle Steve is upstairs giving your mom what she really craves, while you sit playing with your computer. So lets keep your homoerotic fantasies on track.

Wow,
I have been a pilot for 25 years and 121 for more than 15, with few exceptions, I have not met a 121 pilot who enjoyed another pilots misfortune/failures. I do not mistake interest for enjoyment, whereas Genny truly enjoys others misfortune. If what you say is true there is little hope for the future of the piloting community.
Sad

There is little hope for the "community". As evidenced by the rapid decline of the profession.

This was announced as refleeting... Not sure why everyone thinks these would be replacements for the Delta side of Skywest Inc (other than to goad the General).

There are 700s being operated on the United side, recently some larger RJs were announced as a swap on the USAir side, I would imagine Skywest Inc will get their hands on some larger AA RJs at some point as well. So many places these MRJs could go as of now- however as someone else said 2017 is way over the horizon in airline time...

If anything the Delta CPA will shrink as Delta wrings more cost savings from its partners and ASA can no longer maintain second lowest cost partner AND turn a profit.

As for the original post- I would not trust the writer of the article with my money. The writer is focused on narrow technical aspects of the stock's performance. The writer also makes several omissions in describing fleet structure. He/she is basing much of their opinion on fleet composition and does not make mention of many of the other aspects which should be considered when assessing the future of the stock/company. The author also attempts to make a connection between Skywest Inc load factor and profitability. The author should know that load factor is virtually irrelevant in a fee for departure model contract. Additionally Republic is somewhat of a hybrid airline with Frontier being in their fold. Reading the article I get the sense that it was written be an outsider trying to glean some information rather than an industry insider sharing some valuable information.

In my opinion the Skywest Inc team is very pragmatic in making fleet decisions as well as very forward looking relative to their competition. Skywest has demonstrated they will not pursue growth aircraft for growths sake- there has to be profit potential. They are very good at estimating where their costs need to be due to the large scope of their operations and resulting data set. Their strong financial liquidity, credit, and scope give them leverage negotiating with aircraft manufactures. Ultimately as a regional they will have to be able to offer an attractive product at the right price...

Last edited:
This was announced as refleeting... Not sure why everyone thinks these would be replacements for the Delta side of Skywest Inc (other than to goad the General).

There are 700s being operated on the United side, recently some larger RJs were announced as a swap on the USAir side, I would imagine Skywest Inc will get their hands on some larger AA RJs at some point as well. So many places these MRJs could go as of now- however as someone else said 2017 is way over the horizon in airline time...

If anything the Delta CPA will shrink as Delta rings more cost savings from its partners and ASA can no longer maintain second lowest cost partner AND turn a profit.

As for the original post- I would not trust the writer of the article with my money. The writer is focused on narrow technical aspects of the stock's performance. The writer also makes several omissions in describing fleet structure. He/she is basing much of their opinion on fleet composition and does not make mention of many of the other aspects which should be considered when assessing the future of the stock/company...

In my opinion the Skywest Inc team is very pragmatic in making fleet decisions as well as very forward looking relative to their competition. Skywest has demonstrated they will not pursue growth aircraft for growths sake- there has to be profit potential. They are very good at estimating where their costs need to be due to the large scope of their operations and resulting data set. Their strong financial liquidity, credit, and scope give them leverage negotiating with aircraft manufactures. Ultimately as a regional they will have to be able to offer an attractive product at the right price...

They can't turn a profit now..

Expressjet is breakeven right now. Only 50% of merger synergies met so far. Profitability projected to return in 2014.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Where is the other 50% coming from? I doubt they will be profitable in 2014.

The author begins his article singing the praises of Air Lease, then bashes SkyWest for buying airplanes. The Owner, founder and CEO of Air Lease sits on the SkyWest BOD. I'm pretty sure if leasing were more favorable, SkyWest would be leasing aircraft.

Latest resources

Back