Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airways Holdings Inc. (RJET), SkyWest, Inc. (SKYW): A New Business Strategy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of course it's not proven! The first plane's not even built yet!

The 787 was still in the planning stage when it got plenty of orders. Lack of an airplane certainly didn't stop anyone from ordering more, either!

I'd be welcome of your "insight" if what you heard was more recent, and thus more relevant.

More relevant? Please show me a current pic of the MRJ? Looks like it's at the same stage, the stage of nowhere. And are you comparing the 787 to the MRJ? Really? Boeing has a proven track record for building commercial aircraft. How about Mitsubishi? I'm waiting.....but hey, order 100 of something that hasn't been built, or has any previous models to compare SOMETHING to....anything....

I can't wait to see it, really.

Bye Bye---General Lee

More relevant? Please show me a current pic of the MRJ? Looks like it's at the same stage, the stage of nowhere. And are you comparing the 787 to the MRJ? Really? Boeing has a proven track record for building commercial aircraft. How about Mitsubishi? I'm waiting.....but hey, order 100 of something that hasn't been built, or has any previous models to compare SOMETHING to....anything....

I can't wait to see it, really.

Bye Bye---General Lee

And that entire argument is IRrelevant. It has NOTHING to do with your inability to provide a more recent anecdote.

Well, first off I don't think it is a proven aircraft, so that was risky in itself to even consider buying one or 100 when the plane was still in the planning stage. I don't think that was smart, and neither did the analyst.(he did state "if things don't go as planned") Remembering what the FAA jumpseater told me enforced that idea also. You are welcome for the insight, and hopefully that plane will be everything your management wanted it to be.

Bye Bye---General Lee

It's not a proven aircraft, and will not be purchased by Skywest. It's a foolish idea of a possible leap into aircraft that are scoped out of CPAs and a lame attempt to get leverage on Embraer.

Personally, I like Republic Airways Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:RJET)'s business model because it is returning unnecessary aircraft, and this strategy saves enormous amounts of fuel.

Good thing they don't pay for their fuel, that'd really throw this analyst off. :rolleyes:

Well, first off I don't think it is a proven aircraft, so that was risky in itself to even consider buying one or 100 when the plane was still in the planning stage. I don't think that was smart, and neither did the analyst.(he did state "if things don't go as planned") Remembering what the FAA jumpseater told me enforced that idea also. You are welcome for the insight, and hopefully that plane will be everything your management wanted it to be.

Bye Bye---General Lee
Rich,
Do you speed up the MS flt sim get the cruise done or do you take a nap in your bed and wake up early to finish the sim flight. I do know who the Fed was, it was your cat, Mr Bigglesworth, he "ENFORCED that idea". Did you bump you head getting into your apartment? A FAA inspector in your jumpseat that said anything except meow, is laughable, and is believable only while high on LSD.
Good one Genny!
BTW, A "Letter of Intent" is nothing more than a press release, but you knew that, right?

Last edited:
Rich,
Do you speed up the MS flt sim get the cruise done or do you take a nap in your bed and wake up early to finish the sim flight. I do know who the Fed was, it was your cat, Mr Bigglesworth, he "ENFORCED that idea". Did you bump you head getting into your apartment? A FAA inspector in your jumpseat that said anything except meow, is laughable, and is believable only while high on LSD.
Good one Genny!
BTW, A "Letter of Intent" is nothing more than a press release, but you knew that, right?

Pasquale,

So, are you and "uncle" Steve going to go camping today? You guys going to go hike together up to that secluded waterfall that you were bragging about before? Cool, you guys have fun!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Pasquale,

So, are you and "uncle" Steve going to go camping today? You guys going to go hike together up to that secluded waterfall that you were bragging about before? Cool, you guys have fun!

Bye Bye---General Lee
Poor Genny,
Too bad you are transposing your own homoerotic fantasies on the Internet.
Don't worry there is someone out there for you, Hellen Keller comes to mind, but feel free to pick according to whatever your persuasion might be.
Don't worry you will find someone someday.

This part was interesting:

"I do not feel comfortable with the SkyWest, Inc. (NASDAQ:SKYW) purchase order of 100 new aircraft from Mitsubishi. If things do not go as they planned, it will end up with a massive amount of debt. Even if the company?s load factor remains unchanged after the huge addition in available seat miles, the company will have to pay enormous amounts of cash due to high interest rates, and it will see substantial losses in its net income. I believe it is a risky strategy from the carrier, and it may be riskier for its investors."

As I have stated before, I talked to an FAA jumpseater to Nagoya, Japan (where the manufacturer HQ is located) from Honolulu. He said he makes periodic checks on that facility to look at new manuals, checklists, and compliance issues with a new type and the eventual certification process. I asked him how it was all going, and after a long pause, he stated "it was interesting."

Sounds like that thing will be really neat to see, all of them in SKW colors, going...??????? Are any of them scheduled to fly feed for legacies? Will there be an "Indy Air" operation for them? It will be interesting to watch, no doubt.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Everybody at SkyWest knows that this MRJ order was a ploy. But know one outside of the company realizes this or knows how SkyWest operates. SkyWest has done stuff like this before. The MRJs will never ever be flown by any SkyWest, Inc company. They never intended to.

Everybody at SkyWest knows that this MRJ order was a ploy. But know one outside of the company realizes this or knows how SkyWest operates. SkyWest has done stuff like this before. The MRJs will never ever be flown by any SkyWest, Inc company. They never intended to.

Do the people in Japan realize this? Are they mad? I think I will wait until they actually cancel the order.... Until then, I can't wait to see them in SKW colors!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Poor Genny,
Too bad you are transposing your own homoerotic fantasies on the Internet.
Don't worry there is someone out there for you, Hellen Keller comes to mind, but feel free to pick according to whatever your persuasion might be.
Don't worry you will find someone someday.

So, how was the waterfall? Did you and "Uncle" Steve have fun? Did you ride up there on his motor scooter? Sure you did.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back