Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airways Holdings Inc. (RJET), SkyWest, Inc. (SKYW): A New Business Strategy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The MRJ will be flying for Delta. You can go ahead and ink it in.

The timeline is exactly what RA has planned. New contract for the DL pilots right as the MRJ shows up. DALPA will fold like a house of cards for around 20 cents more of per diem.

Watch and learn boys and girls.

Do the people in Japan realize this? Are they mad? I think I will wait until they actually cancel the order.... Until then, I can't wait to see them in SKW colors!

Bye Bye---General Lee

No the folks in Japan aren't mad. They got publicity that the worlds largest regional jet operator was going to buy their airplanes plus SkyWest put earnest money down that they get to keep if SkyWest backs out. But SkyWest won't lose the money cos they set strict guidelines that Mitsubishi probably won't be able to meet and/or SkyWest will sell their slot to someone else who may want these planes. What money SkyWest put down for the MRJs, they probably already got it back from the deal they struck for the E175s.

I actually think Jerry approached Mitsubishi and told them he has no intentions of buying their planes and convinced them that they could benefit from this pseudo deal.

The MRJ will be flying for Delta. You can go ahead and ink it in.

The timeline is exactly what RA has planned. New contract for the DL pilots right as the MRJ shows up. DALPA will fold like a house of cards for around 20 cents more of per diem.

Watch and learn boys and girls.

Ummmmm wrong. There are limited numbers and types of RJs permitted, and the MRJs haven't even flown yet. What I did hear from a couple Corndog friends is that your group is a target, and some above have expressed interest in possibly serving smaller communities that can't make money with 737s, and that he may look at those MRJs, especially since the contract talks are coming up. Since he sided with the Corndog pilots with the SLI, and they don't want a pay cut, they may give in on feed. Those MRJs would look awesome at Love Field going to LBB and AMA, in mustard yellow and orange. Watch out Red, it very well could happen! Great rumor from my Corndog friends... Let's see if you will pick pay or feed....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
No the folks in Japan aren't mad. They got publicity that the worlds largest regional jet operator was going to buy their airplanes plus SkyWest put earnest money down that they get to keep if SkyWest backs out. But SkyWest won't lose the money cos they set strict guidelines that Mitsubishi probably won't be able to meet and/or SkyWest will sell their slot to someone else who may want these planes. What money SkyWest put down for the MRJs, they probably already got it back from the deal they struck for the E175s.

I actually think Jerry approached Mitsubishi and told them he has no intentions of buying their planes and convinced them that they could benefit from this pseudo deal.

Wow, what a tricky CEO! And he gets the Ernest money back too...... But.... He will demand it back if they don't hit specs, but the manufacturer doesn't care? And if SKW doesn't like the specs, someone else will? You must be making this up.....sounds NUTS! Is what you said even legal?

Bye Bye----General Lee

Last edited:
Wow, what a tricky CEO! And he gets the Ernest money back too...... But.... He will demand it back if they don't hit specs, but the manufacturer doesn't care? And if SKW doesn't like the specs, someone else will? You must be making this up.....sounds NUTS! Is what you said even legal?

Bye Bye----General Lee
Classic,
Toss a nugget into the pond, watch the ripples. Genny you are truly a puppet, pull the strings watch the wooden headed fool, dance. Your understanding of finance and the legal system rivals the average Labrador Retriever's, every word that you type, that isn't copied and pasted shows your true emotional age. Truth be told, you are actually retarded!
"Is what you said even legal?" 3rd grade at best!
Classic!

Last edited:
Classic,
Toss a nugget into the pond, watch the ripples. Genny you are truly a puppet, pull the strings watch the wooden headed fool, dance. Your understanding of finance and the legal system rivals the average Labrador Retriever's, every word that you type, that isn't copied and pasted shows your true emotional age. Truth be told, you are actually retarded!
Classic!

Did you and "Uncle" Steve enjoy your time together? How was the weather? Did you ride bikes? Sure you did.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Here ya go Genny,
Prediction,
Skywest will be flying the EMB175 and probably the 190 and 195 for Delta. There will also be a direct flow through from SKYW to DAL, no interview, just a bid based on seniority.
You wanna know why? Economics, plain and simple, it allows DAL the ability to keep their farm team pilots warm and hungry until they need them to staff the mainline.
Make no mistake DAL will have Skywest and every other regiional's pilots in their cockpits soon enough.
The reason I know you are not a pilot is because you take way too much enjoyment in others potential discomfort, you are juvenile mean, the kind of person so miserable in their own skin, that they can't enjoy anything except someone's potential misfortune.

Here ya go Genny,
Prediction,
Skywest will be flying the EMB175 and probably the 190 and 195 for Delta. There will also be a direct flow through from SKYW to DAL, no interview, just a bid based on seniority.
You wanna know why? Economics, plain and simple, it allows DAL the ability to keep their farm team pilots warm and hungry until they need them to staff the mainline.
Make no mistake DAL will have Skywest and every other regiional's pilots in their cockpits soon enough.
The reason I know you are not a pilot is because you take way too much enjoyment in others potential discomfort, you are juvenile mean, the kind of person so miserable in their own skin, that they can't enjoy anything except someone's potential misfortune.

Juvenile mean? I am wishing you and "Uncle" Steve the best in your future together. Why is that mean?

There is no doubt there will be regional pilots from many regionals, including SKW, in all 3 legacy cockpits soon. All 3 will need about 15,000 newhires through the next decade. That doesn't mean scope will be eroded, especially since consolidation has helped airlines become MORE profitable, thanks to fewer choices on the Internet. Extra profits doesn't mean concessions, and the current pilot group at all 3 legacies that were furloughed after 9-11 just won't forget the outsourcing of their jobs. The older guys that didn't care are starting to retire, and that means tighter scope to get a YES vote. This last contract added 70 76 seaters, but guaranteed fewer 50 seaters, and those 76 seaters come only if the 717s do, at the same time. It recaptured flying, and nothing larger at the regionals.

Your E195 assertion could equally be CRJ-1000s, since you guys fly the CRJ series. Any CRK's out there? Nope. Just because you have one size plane, doesn't mean you get a larger version later.

So, hug it out with "Uncle" Steve and have a fantastic night.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Disregarding the usual FI childish bickering, the case still stands that the MRJ will arrive in 2017, and that 2017 is a LONG ways away for the this industry. Anything can happen between now and then---up to, and including the formation of a new certificate to fly the MRJ and/or C-series free and clear of scope clauses.

My understanding is that the MRJ's are fleet replacements for our older 700's. You have to realize that by the time these things show up, the oldest CRJ-700 will be 15 years old. Not growth aircraft. Expect them to be Delta paint.

Latest resources

Back