Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airways Holdings Inc. (RJET), SkyWest, Inc. (SKYW): A New Business Strategy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ummm, that isn't the case with DL.

That's not his point. Way to disregard the fact that both SKW and XJet fly for more than JUST DL.

Regardless, all 3 legacies will be hiring 15,000 pilots in the next decade, with better pay, benefits, and variety in bases and planes/flying.

So with all of the bases that regionals already have, that's not considered "variety"?

That will be the next huge challenge for your airline. Along with new hiring minimums, trying to keep that huge fleet flying with 50-100 Capts per month going to the legacies probably. Now that will be interesting.

Taken care of, but thanks for caring.

And, I don't hate your airline. Not at all. Times are a changing though, and scope clauses will get tighter as the legacies get more profitable due to consolidation. Good luck to you.

Past performance doesn't predict future results.

Ummm, that isn't the case with DL. It's not growing larger, the profits aren't what it used to be, and new routes for the 76 seaters will be the current ones 50 seaters are flying, before they leave. ASA has already moved a lot of 50 seaters from DL to AA in DFW, and UA in ORD and IAD. 717s will come in and recapture many current 70 and 76 seat routes. As far as being the largest operator of aircraft, your company will be replacing 50 seaters with larger 70 and 76 seaters(mainly with UA and US) so I don't know what the final number will be. It may mean little overall aircraft growth.

Regardless, all 3 legacies will be hiring 15,000 pilots in the next decade, with better pay, benefits, and variety in bases and planes/flying. That will be the next huge challenge for your airline. Along with new hiring minimums, trying to keep that huge fleet flying with 50-100 Capts per month going to the legacies probably. Now that will be interesting. And, I don't hate your airline. Not at all. Times are a changing though, and scope clauses will get tighter as the legacies get more profitable due to consolidation. Good luck to you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I tell ya what...to each their own, but are you going to bet against Mr. Atkin? With the information at his disposal, he's always at least two steps ahead of you.

This part was interesting:

"I do not feel comfortable with the SkyWest, Inc. (NASDAQ:SKYW) purchase order of 100 new aircraft from Mitsubishi. If things do not go as they planned, it will end up with a massive amount of debt. Even if the company?s load factor remains unchanged after the huge addition in available seat miles, the company will have to pay enormous amounts of cash due to high interest rates, and it will see substantial losses in its net income. I believe it is a risky strategy from the carrier, and it may be riskier for its investors."

As I have stated before, I talked to an FAA jumpseater to Nagoya, Japan (where the manufacturer HQ is located) from Honolulu. He said he makes periodic checks on that facility to look at new manuals, checklists, and compliance issues with a new type and the eventual certification process. I asked him how it was all going, and after a long pause, he stated "it was interesting."

Sounds like that thing will be really neat to see, all of them in SKW colors, going...??????? Are any of them scheduled to fly feed for legacies? Will there be an "Indy Air" operation for them? It will be interesting to watch, no doubt.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You are so full of sh1t you can't even tell for yourself when your lying or not. Over the years you have claimed to have had every CP, FAA POI and CEO either in the JS or riding in the back. About once a month you post about talking to this guy or that guy "in the know" about this or that. You are pathetic. I've been around the 121 for 14 years, flying about 700 hours per year and never once have I ran into one of these guys.

You remind me of this pathetic 70+ year old guy who hangs around my local airport telling everyone how many airplanes he flew and such. Just today he was telling some hapless victim about how he got caught in wake turb behind a twa conni departing ABE in a tripacer and he rolled the tpacer all the way around at 100ft agl. I've been around that airport since I was in high school and this guy was bs'ing back then. Your the modern version of him just with a computer and an internet connection.

You are so full of sh1t you can't even tell for yourself when your lying or not. Over the years you have claimed to have had every CP, FAA POI and CEO either in the JS or riding in the back. About once a month you post about talking to this guy or that guy "in the know" about this or that. You are pathetic. I've been around the 121 for 14 years, flying about 700 hours per year and never once have I ran into one of these guys.

You remind me of this pathetic 70+ year old guy who hangs around my local airport telling everyone how many airplanes he flew and such. Just today he was telling some hapless victim about how he got caught in wake turb behind a twa conni departing ABE in a tripacer and he rolled the tpacer all the way around at 100ft agl. I've been around that airport since I was in high school and this guy was bs'ing back then. Your the modern version of him just with a computer and an internet connection.

So........you dont think FAA types jump to INTL destinations to pop in on manufacturers? You don't? Looking at your profile, you sure do have a lot of INTL experience, especially in that Navajo...... well, you might have flown that 737 to Freeport, so maybe you do know what you are talking about..... riiiight...

Wait, you're the guy calling AWA people "Sand People", right? These AWA people HONORABLY agreed to a binding arbitration, and then you and the Easties disregard the binding award because "you didn't like the outcome....???" You are the pathetic one here. You have zero honor and zero integrity, and nobody should trust you or anything you say. I can't wait for those AWA guys to come East and take their rightful spots as YOUR Captains. Can't wait to hear about your 4 walkarounds each preflight. Bye loser!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
All of you guys are geniuses. How many FAA guys buy tickets on domestic flights? So why would they do it on INTL flights? Never said the guy stayed in the cockpit for all 11 hours, but we talked, and he copied the numbers (certificates and medicals) of all 3 pilots. I asked what the heck he was doing going all that way, and he told us. He probably should have hit Hanoi to go ground Freebrd doing his Air Mekong stint,(this happened while he/she was still out there I believe) talk about dangerous..... But, he might have also met and fallen in love with "Dahni", like Freebrd, and that would have kept him there for months....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Jerry and the CEOs of the Codeshare partners have their own plans concocted on the finest golf courses and freakiest whorehouses on the planet. So unless you were caddying or were that 12 year old transvestite at the bottom of the pile of rich white CEOs you have no idea. What you or I or any other F/I dorks think may or may not be even close to what they are planning. Rest assured, there is a plan of sorts, time will tell....

Well said! All these know it alls on here and not one of them i ever right, but they sure talk a big game! :puke:

Latest resources

Back