• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rehashing 911 Pentagon crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting, I guess, but competely wrong. Sad thing is a lot of people are willing to believe this crap. I've had my fair share of friends that needed convincing that that video is factless and dumb.

I worked with Fairfax Rescue at their HQ they established across the street from the Pentagon, while I believe the plane was there, there wasn't a shred we could find of it. The punch outs are the only thing that ever seemed suspect to me, but if you think about it, you've got a lot of energy going real fast.

RIP Flight 77

If this video is accurate, then what happened to the hijacked American flight? Did the airplane just disapear?

There are some conspiracy theorists out there that believe that the flight that went down in Penn actually never happened... My questions to that crash are

1. How were people getting cell phone service from 35,000 feet and having long drawn out conversations with clarity? Whenever I turn my cell on in flight I get no service above 5,000 anywhere. I know some were using Air Phones but what about the others...?

2. Where was all the wreckage?

I forgot the link but there is some video that explains all of that. They say the plane landed safely in Ohio or something and the whole thing is a cover up....who knows....

RIP to the souls that lost their lives that day....

JSky26 said:
1. How were people getting cell phone service from 35,000 feet and having long drawn out conversations with clarity? Whenever I turn my cell on in flight I get no service above 5,000 anywhere. I know some were using Air Phones but what about the others...?

They were flying low almost the entire time after the turn around to duck the radar. I thought that was always quite clear. That would allow cell phone connections.

Re: the video - The plane disentigrated on impact, wake turbulence does not happen so much on a fast clean plane, 500+ knots on impact 2 feet above the ground....what do you expect to find? I think it was clear what happens to a plane loaded with fuel impacting a building at full speed. We had plenty of detailed slow motion footage of the WTC impact. The planes basically disentigrate in a ball of flames....instantly.

That conspiracy theory is worse than the "We never landed on the moon" one.

Last edited:
JSky26 said:
There are some conspiracy theorists out there that believe that the flight that went down in Penn actually never happened... My questions to that crash are

2. Where was all the wreckage?

I forgot the link but there is some video that explains all of that. They say the plane landed safely in Ohio or something and the whole thing is a cover up....who knows....

RIP to the souls that lost their lives that day....
regarding cellphone service: Pre 911, I can remember getting service alot more than I get it now, while flying. It seems like I routinely got service up between Spokane and Portland on a regular basis while in the lower 30's. We used to call the hotel van when we were 20 miles out from the airport, now I can't even do that anymore.

Maybe cellphone companies have now made it so their phones can't be used while flying (or above a certain altitude).

I think it's possible that the passengers on the plane got cellphone service at 35000

If you use a cell phone up high like that it won't work for long. You should get a "time out" error or something like that because you'll be freaking the cell towers out. About 20-30 different towers will be picking up your signal equally and then you'll be shut down. It's possible that the system wasn't geared to detect this in the past but it definetly is now.

Also, look at the direction all the little rectangular transmitters and recievers are aimed on those towers. It sure isn't upwards. I get good cell phone reception in the mountains below 5000 agl but way less over the flat land. Like I said, the transmitter are not aimed upward, only outward.

I DO NOT beleive it would be possible to use a typical cell phone at 35,000.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back