• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Ceased Operations?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wish Great Lakes the best of luck.. :)

They under bid us by $2 million.. which is also $800K less than they bid 2 years ago..

How a company can bid $800K less than they bid 2 years ago with todays fuel prices, I have no idea.. :)

It should be fun to watch..

Eh, while it looks like a 1st grader with some HTML knowledge made it, it still works for me..

www.regionsair.com

I wouldn't expect any formal updates on the company website..

I work here and the only way I found out about the whole deal was right here.. I have not received a single phone call from anyone in the company..

I had been a decently optimistic about this place turning around.. No more.. Look elsewhere..

I wouldn't expect any formal updates on the company website..

Yeah, Wikipedia is your best bet:

On March 2, 2007 the local Airline's FSDO office, FAA officials in DC, and the airline got into a minor spat over some wording in one of the training manuals - the local office approved the policy over 11 years ago, but someone decided it was no longer "appropriate" and demanded it be changed - putting the airline in a very difficult position, especially on a Friday afternoon. The airline voluntarily ceased scheduled operations until the items could be clarified. FAA found no discrepancies when they went over all pilots records. In the end, a majority of the crews were actually still eligible to fly and about 35 of the airlines flights were cancelled that Saturday. [2] [3].
On March 8, 2007 at 4:36pm the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) again grounded RegionsAir due to discrepancies in the airlines training procedures for line-check airmen. As of this time, it is unknown when RegionsAir will return to passenger service. As a result of this second grounding within one week, several regional airports serviced by RegionsAir have announced intentions to replace the airline with other regional carriers. [4]

Good Luck To Those Bfe Airports On Getting Anyone Who Gives One S%!$ About Them... Great Akes Will Never Fly Those Routes...

Latest resources

Back