Regions Ceased Operations?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heyas,

Not the first or last time something like this will happen.

Back in the mid 90's, GP Express folded up overnight. A buddy of mine showed up to work, and everything that wasn't bolted to the terminal floor was gone. He used a payphone to call a few of the company numbers, and they were all disconnected.

He finally got ahold of the owner's wife at home, and she told him "yea, we shut down. I guess someone should have told you". They jacked him for a couple of grand in back wages.

It always amazes me in situations like this how, somehow, every last stapler, paperclip and other assets are secured literally overnight, but they can't manage to pick up a fracking telephone and tell the employees.

GP was a funny little outfit. We actually looked up to Great Lakes.

Nu

Last edited:
That sucks for the 3C folks. Arrived in STL yesterday and saw three J-balls parked along B; they kind of looked lonely with nobody around them...

Not many.. Maybe 35 total I guess?

Nov 05..

Fortunately for the pilots, the writing was on the wall. Most of us have been trying to get out...and lots have interviews, including captains. The company may have had to cease operations for lack of crew before much longer anyway. Everyone was working hard to get out. Its sad this company may no longer be around, but I guess that's part of the industry.

I had heard a while back that Great Lakes was going to take over for Regions as the new American Connection carrier out of STL. Maybe there is some truth to this.

Latest resources

Back