• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fellow Corpex'er in need of your prayers...

Folks,
I’m sure most of you have heard about our fellow Corpexer Gary M. (currently at ASA) whose step mom went missing in a Life Guard helicopter accident in Alaska. If you haven’t heard the story, here’s a short summary of it.

Please keep Gary and his family in your thoughts and in your prayers.

This is from a buddy of mine who’s a captain at ASA. I omitted part of the letter to keep his privacy.

Gary is one of my best friends. He is also distant family … Gary and I fly together at ASA. His dad, Gary Sr. owns and operates a bed and breakfast in Cordova Alaska http://www.cordovarose.com/main.html. Gary Sr. lives on a very small private island located near Cordova that is only accessible by boat or sea plane.

On the night of December 4th, Gary's step mom was having health complications and a Lifeguard Helicopter was dispatched to their island from Anchorage which is approximately 150 miles away. The lifeflight arrived safely to the … and prepped Gay … for the return flight to Anchorage. It was terrible weather and dark. This time of the year it is almost dark 24 hours a day in Alaska. Gary Sr. wanted to fly back to Anchorage on the helicopter but he was denied boarding by the paramedics. The helicopter departed safely with Gay … around 4:40pm and Gary Sr. immediately began his journey to the hospital in Anchorage.

After arriving in Anchorage Gary Sr. inquired about the lifeflight that should have arrived hours earlier with his wife, Gay. He was informed that the helicopter had not arrived and that a search and rescue had begun for the helicopter. I have enclosed two news articles from the Anchorage Daily News. The article on December 6th really discussed the story with great detail. CNN is also covering this story.

Please pray for my friend Gary during this terrible time of uncertainty. He is in Anchorage with his dad. I will keep you posted as I receive more details.
Thanks,

Published: December 5, 2007

Searchers this morning got their first look from the air of the Prince William Sound waters where they think an air ambulance with four people aboard went down.

An hour into their search, they had seen no sign of wreckage,
an emergency locator device or the passengers, said a spokesman for the search effort.

A LifeGuard helicopter carrying patient Gay McDowell of Cordova, pilot Lance Brabham of Soldotna, paramedic Cameron Carter of Kenai and nurse John Stumpff of Sterling vanished in nasty weather Monday evening.

You can read the full story online at:

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/9500127p-9411120c.html

Latest from Gary...

Thank you...,

We still have hope. My dad was real strong when I got here on Tuesday. As the hours click off and time goes by we are having to support him more. His body is weak from heart surgeries over the years and I am afraid the fall out over this will be tramendus on him. We go to briefings twice a day and as of of this email the only positive thing to report is that there has been no floating wreckage found. So they must be on land somewhere. There is enough survival gear to keep them alive for about a week....

Please keep Gary and his family in your thoughts and your prayers...

Am I being too optimistic by expecting a W-2?

I'm betting NO. Who or what sends them out will probably take a play from the Smyrna Slimball Playbook and wait till the last legal date or send them out only when confronted by some sort of authority. I did receive an email a while back concerning this issue and possible solutions. I'm almost positive I saved it. If you need it just pm with your email address.

You gotta call the IRS AFTER Feb 15th to get the "W2" info..

We just hired some fellow Regions brethren here at the Peanuckle...

I got the e-mail saying the message board is open. Cool!

Just wanted to check in with all my old friends from corpex and see what's new. I hate to see a thread 39 pages long die.

Latest resources

Back