Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Corp-x video

I just saw the video...FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! I even ordered the DVD.

We truly were a family...a dysfunctional one, but a family none the less.

It's ready!

Cindy’s photoshow is up & running and I think everyone will love it! She did a great job, please email her to thank her for the great photoshow she created ([email protected]).

Folks, since our former company went from being known as Corporate Express to Corporate Airlines and finally Regions Air but kept the very same callsign – CORPEX - the whole time I thought we should have a simple web address that everyone can remember. Also, since the website was going to be about us - I figured

made most sense. Earlier today, I had set up forwarding service that linked corpex.us to Cindy’s website and it worked – I promise ;). However, about an hour later it stopped and now I get the message 404 Error - Page Not Found. Needless to say, I’m a little confused but hope that I’ll eventually figure it out (ok, what I meant to sayis I'll find someone who actually knows a thing or two about domain names, etc. :)).

So for now, “remember” this address http://www.photoshow.com/members/_e700e090441aed2/all/wz9EX8qu

Here is Cindy's email if you haven’t gotten it yet.

Hello Everybody,

Please excuse the mass mailing, but I wanted to let you know that the Photoshow is finished and accessible online. Allow about 30-35 minutes to view. There are 400 pictures. Thank-you so much for your contributions. I had over 500 pictures to condense down to 400. But, I think you'll like the results. Let me know what you think.

Here is the address. http://www.photoshow.com/members/_e700e090441aed2/all/wz9EX8qu

Hopefully, it will load for you . DVD's can be ordered direct from Photoshow. …

I don't have everybody's email address, so spread the word.

As for me, well, I'm still unemployed, but I say my new career is, "I'm a stay-at-home mom, with no children." I love it, lots of projects to work on, and the stress level is zero.

Can you believe it, I do miss Crew Scheduling. You guys and girls were the best (for the most part :) ) That's probably why I enjoyed working on the Photoshow for you. As most of you know, Ernie and I have been through another airline shutdown, and we've been able to keep in contact with a lot of people. It's always fun when we're able to get-together for each other's retirements or send emails to each other. So I hope you all will make it a point to keep in contact with one another. We really were a "hidden jewel" out there amongst a complex and impersonal industry.

Keep in touch, and until next time, Take care.
Cindy

Last edited:
Arrrgh! Ya beat me to it man! I guess it was nap time in the old world when the e-mail got sent...

Hey, A great big thanks to Cindy for the hours of putting it all together and all who sent pics in...so many good times.

Folks, since our former company went from being known as Corporate Express to Corporate Airlines and finally Regions Air but kept the very same callsign – CORPEX - the whole time I thought we should have a simple web address that everyone can remember. Also, since the website was going to be about us - I figured

made most sense. Earlier today, I had set up forwarding service that linked corpex.us to Cindy’s website and it worked – I promise ;). However, about an hour later it stopped and now I get the message 404 Error - Page Not Found. Needless to say, I’m a little confused but hope that I’ll eventually figure it out (ok, what I meant to sayis I'll find someone who actually knows a thing or two about domain names, etc. :)).

It works again!!! Anyone know how to do web-design? Maybe we can create a page on the corpex.us site with our names, employee numbers, and any contact info we choose.

What was the official shut down date of the company? We should plan the reunion party around that time of year.

It works again!!!

Cool! Spread the word about www.corpex.us

Anyone know how to do web-design? Maybe we can create a page on the corpex.us site with our names, employee numbers, and any contact info we choose.

Absolutely, if anyone's interested and more importantly is good at web designs please let me know.

What was the official shut down date of the company? We should plan the reunion party around that time of year.

Maybe it’s better to be the “half full” guy? Does anyone know the day Corpex flew it’s first flight? I’d rather celebrate birth than death you know…But I'll drink with my Corpex compadres any day of the year! :beer:

Maybe it’s better to be the “half full” guy? Does anyone know the day Corpex flew it’s first flight? I’d rather celebrate birth than death you know…But I'll drink with my Corpex compadres any day of the year! :beer:

Their first timetable was dated 12/9/96.

Corporate Express announces service

NASHVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 24, 1996--Corporate Express Airlines will inaugurate scheduled service in early 1997 according to company president Charles Howell, IV.

The airline will provide passenger and express package service between Nashville, Knoxville and Tri Cities.

There will be five round trip flights between Nashville and Knoxville and five flights to Tri Cities. Nashville International is served by 19 airlines offering passengers their choice of 314 flights.

Corporate Express has secured support facilities at all three airports. Company headquarters is located at Nashville International Airport.

"This start up has been in the planning stage for a number of months," said Howell. "We have received an enthusiastic response from airport officials and business leaders in all three communities. Based on this response, and our market research numbers, Corporate Express will be off to an excellent start."

Corporate Express will cater primarily to the business and professional traveler. The airline's "Corporate Expresso" service includes a complimentary newspaper. Passengers are also offered "A First Class Cup of Joe", juice, fruit and bagels in the morning and healthy, energizing snacks prior to afternoon flights.

When the time comes to board their flight, passengers will be introduced to a spacious cabin featuring stand up headroom, plush leather seats and convenient storage for briefcases and coats. Corporate Express Airlines chose the British Aerospace Super Jetstream for its proven reliability second to none in the industry.

"Corporate Express' parent company is Corporate Flight Management, Inc. We have been providing on demand air charter service for the past fifteen years," said Howell. "This experience has afforded us with a great deal of information regarding the needs and expectations of business travelers. Over the years we have come to understand that while we bill our customers for airplane flights, customers actually perceive the transaction as procuring time and productivity."

There are economic and operational differences between on demand charter and scheduled carrier service. However, both levels of service share the goal of saving business travelers' time and increasing their productivity. As a result, Corporate Flight has the experience in and understanding of the market necessary to make Corporate Express successful," Howell concluded.

Chuck Howell, 615/459-8883

That was really cool.

And it sounded like Thievery Corporation headed off the soundtrack. Awesome!

That was really cool.

And it sounded like Thievery Corporation headed off the soundtrack. Awesome!

You don't know how appropriate that name is...while other regionals were hiring in 2002 our pay was newly "frozen" IE-no longevity increases-and they were trying to screw the recalls out of the vacation they earned before they were furloughed...by resetting their date of accruing vacation to the date they were recalled (in violation of the FCH) instead of their date of hire...yet (as I recall-and correct me if I am wrong) no one told them till one of them tried to take a week off and was told that he didn't have that much time accrued.

The pathetic thing was is that there were only about four or five FO's that were affected and I pointed out to someone at HQ that it would cost company a whopping $1200-$1400 to set the lot of them back on their vacation sked where they belonged! Like that little bit was going to keep the place afloat...(Note: when screwing four or five pilots out of a total of $1400-that's total, as in bottom line, not as in $1400 per pilot-becomes a priority of the management it is time to bail)...you have been warned, it won't end well!

Hehehe...it got worse from there!

I'm not saying that it's easy to run an airline, but if you intend to screw your employees you should at least have the guts to tell them that to their faces! When you recall them, not 6 months later!

I became very fond of paraphrasing the line from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"..."I've never seen so many good people wasted so badly!"

My God what that group of people could have done if there had been some decent leadership and some kind of hope for a future beyond getting hired somewhere else and giving one's two week notice!

Last edited:
Okay all, I'm doing what I can to spread the word.

The least we can do is get this thread to 100 pages before it dies...

Ya know I got an email from a crapexer that I never met alerting me to Cindy's hard work-along with several others (thanks all). He also suggested a one year anniversery of the shutdown for a gathering of eagles (as it were).

So, since some fools (get a life for the love of God, it's dead and you can't make money with jballs in scheduled ops or Cape Air would use them) are trying to start up again we, the disowned need to come to some kind date that the thing ceased.

My guess is april or may of 07, but I had to leave sometime before then or get fired for honesty in the face of corporate oppression...

Ya think we can come to a consensus?

Who got the last paycheck-and management yesweenies don't count!

Since they always paid for what you had done last month, we can back up four weeks from the date of the last paycheck!

YGBSM! Noone has framed their last direct deposit slip from Corpex? It's a collector's Item! I'll give you five bucks for it right now! First PM I get that can prove they were the last line pilot to get a check, five bucks for the stub...

Booohahahaha!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back