• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air goes big time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On another note, What are the airplanes that used to do BNA-TRI, ATL doing now. Are they adding freq or just sitting around as spares or what.

BlackPilot628 said:
The sad thing about it was. That we were forced to sign it 5 months after being employed with the company. " Sign it or you're fired"

MAN OH MAN!

5 years ago, when I got hired there, they tried this crap 3 weeks into training. I simply said, "go ahead and fire me, and yuou can deal with my attorney." They never asked me to sign again.

As far as the WORST management. Not all are bad....unfortunately, the good ones have their hands handcuffed.

FlyFastLiveSlow said:

As far as the WORST management. Not all are bad....unfortunately, the good ones have their hands handcuffed.

Your correct. Anyone that has been a pilot up there is pretty good. the CP and the DO have been helpful, but there hands are tied. CL who is the records administrator is great as well.

Well guys, I may be coming back to work off my last three months. Polar has been released into the 30 day cooling off period as of 16 Aug. So 16 Sept. if there is no new contract I'll be on strike. I talked to the CP of corpex the other day and he said I was welcome back anytime. I just don't know if I could do it again. Besides, I would get better pay and more respect if I took the job as a Wal Mart greeter. I have been working on a few other options as well.....ahem......."would you like to super size that?". I think I'm almost ready....

Doesn't the contract you signed at Region's actually say Corporate Express still on the top? Wouldn't that fact make it a void contract considering they are no longer corpex?? Just curious... good luck to all trying to get out...

Why now???

Doesn't the contract you signed at Region's actually say Corporate Express still on the top? Wouldn't that fact make it a void contract considering they are no longer corpex?? Just curious... good luck to all trying to get out...

I seriously doubt it says Corporate Express, as “Express” was dropped some 6 years ago for “Airlines” because of the printing company’s “Corporate Express” name infringement allegations. (next time you jumpseat on Southwest look at the bottom of their jumpseat form - the form was printed by “Corporate Express”)

It probably says Corporate Airlines but since the company never went out of business but merely changed its name I’d imagine they might have a case here. However, the question is - why did they decide to pursue something they’ve ignored for years? I mean, they’ve had hundreds of pilots leave prior to their 1-year mark and usually if you gave them 2 week notice, they’d be quite understanding. They are either trying to make a point to prevent the next “escapee” from even thinking about it or somehow you really pissed them of (I’m just speculating). Did you give them at least 2-week notice? I seriously doubt they’ll spend too much money on attorney fees, etc. and it’ll probably go away but who knows? I mean, what’s the point? Either way, good luck to you!

Last edited:
BlackPilot628 said:
The sad thing about it was. That we were forced to sign it 5 months after being employed with the company. " Sign it or you're fired"

MAN OH MAN!

If anyone is in this position, simply put the initials S.U.D. after your signature. This is short for "signed under duress".

Nu

AV80R said:

I seriously doubt it says Corporate Express, as “Express” was dropped some 6 years ago for “Airlines” because of the printing company’s “Corporate Express” name infringement allegations. (next time you jumpseat on Southwest look at the bottom of their jumpseat form - the form was printed by “Corporate Express”)

It probably says Corporate Airlines but since the company never went out of business but merely changed its name I’d imagine they might have a case here. However, the questions is why did they decide to pursue something they’ve ignored for years? I mean, they’ve had hundreds of pilots leave prior to their 1-year mark and usually if you gave them 2 week notice, they’d be quite understanding. They are either trying to make a point to prevent the next “escapee” from even thinking about it or somehow you really pissed them of (I’m just speculating). Did you give them at least 2-week notice? I seriously doubt they’ll spend too much money on attorney fees, etc. and it’ll probably go away but who knows? I mean, what’s the point? Either way, good luck to you!

All of the guys in my class that have left did give at least a 1 month notice. I gave my notice and worked the complete next month until my last leg of the month.

I have been trying to think of something
that has been done in the past few years
to improve conditions for the employees...

a little help here?

Nothing that I can think of that would show
that Regions is successfully operating in a
viable nitch market.

I would love for someone to prove me wrong,
bring it! Please!

OH wait, I know! They haven't defaulted on
the retirement plan!

I guess that the warning is that you can't come
here anymore and get stripes and some 121 time
and run away clean...plan on staying for a year,
at least untill the pending enforcements are ironed