• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional to get an ATP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seriously, I don't want to work for an airline later so it doesn't matter. If I thought pay and work rules might improve one day I would love to but thats just not going to happen. It is what it is.

I know I don't have enough time to get hired by a major, but thanks for clarifying. I could 'easily' get on with a regional. Jeez, they'll take coco the flying monkey these days.

I could get the ATP via a fed checkride for free but I thought it would be fun to go through the training for a regional jet at the same time. Thats all.

Isn't the pilot motto FYIGM???? I'll check with ALPA on that but I think I got it right.

Frankly, it's cr@p like yours that makes everything an uphill fight for the rest of us with management.

Actually I think its maroons like you that take crappy jobs that make an 'uphill fight'

Oh wait.... so long as YOU can move on later it won't matter. Thats right. I remember the pilot motto.

FYIGM...

In any case. If you don't get your ATP or type during initial training its sort of a mute point. Thanks for the info.

Actually I think its maroons like you that take crappy jobs that make an 'uphill fight'

Oh wait.... so long as YOU can move on later it won't matter. Thats right. I remember the pilot motto.

FYIGM...

In any case. If you don't get your ATP or type during initial training its sort of a mute point. Thanks for the info.

Don't confuse accepting a job with a lower pay scale than desired and than doing the job to the best of your ability and sacrificing of yourself in order to gain knowledge and further advance your career at a later time with knowingly and willingly accepting a job just to get an your ATP cert.

If your code of ethics is in the toilet your career will soon follow.

That's the corporate culture in America. Mgmt considers workers expendable and cuts them loose without a thought like throwing ballast off a hot-air balloon. But when employees use jobs as stepping stones, which is what regional mgts have proudly made their companies, then suddenly they try to throw the where's the loyalty guilt trip on us.

accepting a job with a lower pay scale.... sacrificing of yourself in order to gain knowledge and further advance your career at a later time......

Ummm yeah.... actually that probably is worse than showing up and quitting shortly after. You send the message "I'll work for less!"

I send the message "You pay and work rules stink. Perhaps if they were better people would stick around"

That would be a moot point.

I am embarrassed.

I hope my bad grammar did not have a negative affect on you. You can’t be to careful when you type in a public forum. Well what can you do? Some people don’t know there head from a hole in the ground. I guess I’m one of them because I never learned to write as good as I should have.

:)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back