• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional airlines are doomed!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let us hope your "fortune" is not dependent on proper use of the English language, or spelling......

Now that is funny. Tell me of one very secsessufull president or CEO that meets your criteria .

PS I thought I saw something on TV where the CEO of Jet Blue said he was ADD. I think he has done well for himself . I think he has been at other airlines bedsides JB. David N something.

Last edited:
My wife has been working at a bank for 7 years, and deals with loans. The way banks are giving out lons are different than when it was in 06-08. They are very hard on the 30% debt to income ratio now. The biggest difference now is they will not give you a limit right off how much they will loan you. Now you have to apply for xxx amount and get approve or denied. So you will never know what the exact limit is like you use to, unless ofcouse you keep applying for more and more. For example, you use to go in and say, I want to borrow 100K, and you get a response with, "well we can give you 500K if you want." Now it doesn't work that way. If you want 100k you will get it or not, it doesn't mean you won't get 500k. You will just have to apply for that amout. Sorry if this is off topic, but it might be good info someone might want.

Banks are like alcoholics. They will fall off the wagon again and start screwing the economy. The problem with the USA is that not one banker is in jail.

So, this is your formula: Career at a major = $$$$, commute, AIDS (Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome), and son(s) or daughter(s) who grows up with you absent while you live the dream...

OR...

QOL at a Regional, reasonable pay, live at home, gets to coach little league, takes wife and daughter out for dates systematically.

The $$$$ is cool and so is the Company, but "a fool and his $$$$ are soon parted."

Statistically, which one do you think most choose, and statistically, what do you think the outcomes are?

I think you know...:rolleyes:

What you say here is very true. Guys who chase jobs or legacy carriers for reasons that on your six/general lee promote may be completely missing the point of life in my opinion.

I know when I'm on my last bit of life some day I sure as hell won't look back thinking of how great it was that I got to work at fedex and make industry leading pay (let alone delta). The things that will matter are the items listed by trainer 8.

Yep the post above is spot on....of course when you have thousands and thousands of post's puffing out your chest and correcting spelling it is easy to see some don't get it.

Just don't get it do you Oys/GL, no one at the Regionals wants your advice! Take the hint, even ASADFW7 gave you a hint!

I think you got a hint too, and it was well deserved. Just because you won't take my advice (or couldn't use it anyway) doesn't mean others could not use it. It's actually pretty basic, throw your app in early if you want to go to the Majors so you can enjoy a better QOL sooner. I think most will take that advice, and there is no way you can say they won't.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

I think you got a hint too, and it was well deserved. Just because you won't take my advice (or couldn't use it anyway) doesn't mean others could not use it. It's actually pretty basic, throw your app in early if you want to go to the Majors so you can enjoy a better QOL sooner. I think most will take that advice, and there is no way you can say they won't.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Your advice is pointing out the obvious. It is like saying if you want a candy bar go to the store....duhhhhh.

I think you got a hint too, and it was well deserved. er

Sorry putz but no, I haven't been spanked by the mods. Apparently you have though, to the point you stopped using your Jenny Leigh character. But still you come on here thinking you're giving us regional pilots your wisdom and advice. First of all, no one wants your advice, which still hasn't sunk into that thick skull of yours, and secondly don't you think we know how to plan and apply to move on when hiring resumes? All mine are up to date and I'm ready to move on when the day comes. I mean hell you supposedly got hired at the majors right? I also noticed you've stopped slamming SWA pilots too. Wow must have been a good spanking eh? PUTZ!

The back and forth on this thread for personal attacks has drawn two infractions and a suspension. Debate the topic again.

The back and forth on this thread for personal attacks has drawn two infractions and a suspension. Debate the topic again.

And that is why we come to F/I, it the Jerry Springer Show of the interwebs. Oh yeah the Regionals are doomed because the sky is falling and everyone knows that Mainline pilots are the only ones good enough to fly a falling sky.

Latest resources

Back