• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional airlines are doomed!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OYS, you need you give up. If the guy enjoys what he is doing then let him be. So he doesn't take your advice, you then go and bash what he's doing?

"Enjoy your time in Vietnam, blah blah blah." Get over it, I don't recall anyone asking for your advice, but you give it to them anyways. Let the regionals guys do what they want in life, even if it doesn't agree with you.

Oh also, no need to call me Donald. You want to start calling names because i'm secure with my finance, even as an RJ FO? So what, If I get a fixed in come, even when it doesn't come from aviation. Unlike you, I don't have to worry about what's going to happen with my company 10, 15,20 years from now. Even if there was another 9-11 I still don't have to worry.

You must have missed ALL of the posts he made against me. Of course you did. Anyway, the "donald" remark was a good one, if you can make money with rentals, by all means DO IT. Good for you. And it is great that you don't ever have to worry about another housing meltdown or the economy going to the toilet. Great. My current company is doing well too, and huge retirement numbers upcoming will ensure great upward movement within the next decade. I don't know if the Regionals can say that, and the article this thread is based on doesn't seem to say that, but whatever. My advice still stands for ANY RJ pilot, and that is throw in an app as soon as you can when they start hiring IF you want to move on someday. The sooner you do, and the sooner you get on, the sooner you will recapture that QOL you are now enjoying. If you don't agree, just shrug your shoulders and move on.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Last edited:
And it is great that you don't ever have to worry about another housing meltdown or the economy going to the toilet. Great.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

I'm getting off topic here but, I don't have to worry about it because it was the meltdown, that's where I made my money. I was able to pick up all kinds of property for almost nothing. Plus I didn't say I was going to keep it forever. So what if there's another meltdown in the future. I'll already made my money.

I'm getting off topic here but, I don't have to worry about it because it was the meltdown, that's where I made my money. I was able to pick up all kinds of property for almost nothing. Plus I didn't say I was going to keep it forever. So what if there's another meltdown in the future. I'll already made my money.

Good for you man. That is why I called you the Donald. That is smart. I bought the big house after I got this job a couple years ago and I will be paying it off for years to come. But, I do like the house, which is a plus.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Part of this thread has gone sideways and a few of these posts have been removed to keep the thread on track, carry on.

Good for you man. That is why I called you the Donald. That is smart. I bought the big house after I got this job a couple years ago and I will be paying it off for years to come. But, I do like the house, which is a plus.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

It seems a lot of pilots like to buy houses for more more than they can afford.

I am not sure if I will be doing it that way.

It seems a lot of pilots like to buy houses for more more than they can afford.

I am not sure if I will be doing it that way.

My wife has been working at a bank for 7 years, and deals with loans. The way banks are giving out lons are different than when it was in 06-08. They are very hard on the 30% debt to income ratio now. The biggest difference now is they will not give you a limit right off how much they will loan you. Now you have to apply for xxx amount and get approve or denied. So you will never know what the exact limit is like you use to, unless ofcouse you keep applying for more and more. For example, you use to go in and say, I want to borrow 100K, and you get a response with, "well we can give you 500K if you want." Now it doesn't work that way. If you want 100k you will get it or not, it doesn't mean you won't get 500k. You will just have to apply for that amout. Sorry if this is off topic, but it might be good info someone might want.

Latest resources

Back