• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recent ERAU grads (or current students) question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will say that the GIA pilots I have met were for the most part humble and just trying to make it as pilots just like the rest of us... (not that I agree with the program) but I don't think they as a whole should be called jerks...ignorant maybe or maybe just rich

I will say that the GIA pilots I have met were for the most part humble and just trying to make it as pilots just like the rest of us... (not that I agree with the program) but I don't think they as a whole should be called jerks...ignorant maybe or maybe just rich

90% of our pilots took out loans or are prior military.

the bottom line is....

So long as pilots are willing to line-up at the door for poverty level income and/or pay an employer to work then we'll all be seen as commodities instead of professionals. Why take on the responsibilities and duties of a professional while being paid as a commodity? At the majors level you see less of this. That's why pilots continue to live with it and accept it as just part of the path to a six-digit career. There's no guarantee folks.

Flight training, cost of living, and intrest rates aren't getting any cheaper yet regional-level pay, overall, isn't changing. The only people that can change that are the ones reading this post.

thoughts?

Last edited:
You mean after you got hammered in your post about Girl Scout cookies you still don't get it? When I see myself, I can say I worked my tail off to be where I am. I will fly my 300 hrs this year, bring in my 6 figures and know that I never had to pay to play Pro Pilot Wannabe! And, BTW On other avaition websites, there are many people there who know who I am. You can even see where I live! But wait, there are professional pilots over there in every sense of the word! I don't think you would do well "over there!"

.........Hmmmmmmm........I've seen this before!!

Its around $750 credit hour at the Daytona campus.

Tuition plus health, parking, technology fees, etc is about $12,000 for the average 15 credit semester.

Funny thing about Gulfstream...they use Facebook to advertise the PFJ program to Riddle students.

Its around $750 credit hour at the Daytona campus.

Tuition plus health, parking, technology fees, etc is about $12,000 for the average 15 credit semester.

Funny thing about Gulfstream...they use Facebook to advertise the PFJ program to Riddle students.

I seen a bunch of Delta Connection guys for the first time in REAL LIFE. They were wearing these uniforms and for a second I thought maybe they flew the King Air at the FBO I was checking out. After they walked past me, with their RayBans on indoors, gelled hair, and spiffy uniforms, they were talking about spins in a Cessna. Pretty loud and obnoxious too. As I was going back out to my car, they were standing outside the little DCA office. I laughed to myself a weee bit more. That made my morning.

If you boys are reading this, :cartman::smash:

I seen a bunch of Delta Connection guys for the first time in REAL LIFE. They were wearing these uniforms and for a second I thought maybe they flew the King Air at the FBO I was checking out. After they walked past me, with their RayBans on indoors, gelled hair, and spiffy uniforms, they were talking about spins in a Cessna. Pretty loud and obnoxious too. As I was going back out to my car, they were standing outside the little DCA office. I laughed to myself a weee bit more. That made my morning.

If you boys are reading this, :cartman::smash:
Hey, this is a Riddle bashing thread, not a DCA bashing thread; get it right! :D

the online program is significantly cheaper. less than $200 per credit hour. do your training through a local fbo

Latest resources

Back