• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recent ERAU grads (or current students) question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get a full time job at the school so you get free tuition. Graduate 4 years late with no loans, a nice retirement account, and a great reference. Get a regional job and start buying cool stuff instead of paying off loans. Its a win-win situation.

Cassive Mock said:
How do you guys expect to pay off your school loans with a $21.00 an hour regional job? No flame, just curious.

Easy. Daddys account.Throw in a VW Jetta too. You can get the same ratings at the local mom&pops FBO for3/4 less.

PacoPollo said:
Easy. Daddys account.Throw in a VW Jetta too. You can get the same ratings at the local mom&pops FBO for3/4 less.

Bingo!

Cassive Mock said:
How do you guys expect to pay off your school loans with a $21.00 an hour regional job? No flame, just curious.

Well, after you graduate you may need to get your CFI/I. Take out another loan for that. Then you get hired as a CFI at a local flight school making $20/hour. Barely pay both student loans, car payment/insurance, rent, etc when you have a GOOD month. Then October comes around and its OVC 002 everyday. Play the "who can wait" game with your bills. Come to the realization that the light at the end of the tunnel is the Regionals, and I would have to take a paycut. Look for other employment. Become a broker. Then everytime you go to work, think about how much you miss flying. Dream about convincing the boss that the company NEEDS a Baron to cut down on travel expenses. Sell a couple of airplanes, pay off debt, build multi time, apply for a regional. Personally I can't see any other way of doing it. :D

Ouch! Reading those costs even hurts me. Sorry guys.
Don't mean to rub it in, but I don't regret my route.
:beer:

2004 Riddle Grad here, i remeber when i started i think the school was 425 a credit hour, and the fix price program was available, i wish i would have done it ( mom for the misleading deposit program, basically pay as you go). i completed my PPL Instrument in the AGATE program... NASA and ERAU program.. Spent tons of money! Changed my major and stopped flying there! Grad with 120k in the hole. i know I couldnt deal with the pay in the regionals so i got in to aircraft sales. Been having a blast doing it and get to fly some fun equipment, pay can be good too.

UGGGGG all my loans will be paid off in less than a month....

CAN'T WAIT!!!

I instructed for a year right out of school. Then got a real job for four years and settled-up. Now I just have to figure out how to explain the "non-aviation" employment gap. Is "starving-to-death" a viable excuse?

Latest resources

Back