Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bobby Orr 4

Just happy to be here.
I graduated from ERAU in 1997. I attended all 4 years and received all ratings for the exception of my PPL. Cost me about $90000 for my education.
To recent grads or current students:
How much does it cost to attend ERAU these days??

about 1000 a credit hour. Plan on 15k a semester.

Brock Seargent listed flight costs (including optional courses such as CRJ, CFI/CFII) at around 58k recently.

120k in tuition/fees/room and board. 58k for all the training.

Or work here and get free tuition and rent a 172 for 45 bucks an hour...wet.

:)

I attended August '01 to May '05. Total cost, including flight: ~$120,000. The prices have absolutely soared since the 2001 catalog, though. I think I was somewhere around $700/credit, but it's now over $1000/credit I believe.

Also, the PRC campus' aircraft rates are now basically dry. Students pay a per-hour fuel surcharge. I'm not up to speed on how much that is, though.

Bobby Orr 4 said:
I graduated from ERAU in 1997. I attended all 4 years and received all ratings for the exception of my PPL.

Am I missing something here?? PPL (Private Pilots License) I didn't know you could cut that one out and still do all the rest.

TheBigPicture said:
Am I missing something here?? PPL (Private Pilots License) I didn't know you could cut that one out and still do all the rest.

There's a "transition" course people have to take if they come in with their private certificate already completed. It used to be called FA109, but it might be called something else now. After doing that, students could then continue on through the program like normal.

heck, if you want, you could cut everything out and go get the degree. or, do it across the field. nowadays, they just want your money. and they'll take it.

Thanks Unreal,

I am familiar with FA109, guess I just misinterpreted the post and thought that ORR 4 did all flight training there and somehow bypassed the private all together (which made no sense). So I had to ask.

TheBigPicture said:
Thanks Unreal,

I am familiar with FA109, guess I just misinterpreted the post and thought that ORR 4 did all flight training there and somehow bypassed the private all together (which made no sense). So I had to ask.

That's the way I read that as well originally. Glad I'm not the only one.

Latest resources

Back