Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

grog_sit_reserv

Crashcave Lounger
I'm pretty sure we won't be ALPA come Friday, I could be wrong of course, but for those of you still in ALPA with your own merger happening or waiting in the wings; you should start the process of recalling Prater.

He really made a mess of things for us by not following ALPA policy and I don't think he's learned anything judging by his lack of action as time wore on.

Recall him before its too late. Find a Pres that will handle a merger and not allow things to spiral into decertification.

Anything that can block this merger in my book is a positive. NWA can do fine on its own! Lets hope between ALPA's incompetence,Oberstar, NWA's MEC that they can put the toothpaste back in the tube!

When Reagan fired the controllers it was a signal to mgts everywhere that employees could be ground up like chum. Prater has done the same thing by passing 65. It's open season on anybody who's anything; Steal everything, give nothing back!! Total lack of leadership on Prater's part and he could care less.

Not that I like having to defend ALPA national.....but I don't suppose the arrogance and greed of all the mainline MECs acting on their own has anything to do with this quagmire....

The roots of this problem started long before Prater took office....

Changing the President of ALPA won't solve this problem....

Not that I like having to defend ALPA national.....but I don't suppose the arrogance and greed of all the mainline MECs acting on their own has anything to do with this quagmire....

100% Agreee.

You're right about that. So that brings us to the issue of the role of ALPA (or any national union). Should a national union dictate things to unwilling groups, like a tyrranical federal government? Should it bow down to the individual whims of each and every individual pilot group with no sense of a broader quality control? And whichever way it governs, can or should the national union prevent a group from seperating if it didn't get its way? If so, how would that be accomplished?

Prater should be the one to stop the individual MECs from going off the reservation. He apparently doesn't have the balls or the desire to do so. As a result, it's quite possible that he'll end up destroying ALPA. I give it about a 60/40 chance that uSAPa will succeed on Thursday, and there's a distinct possibility that uSAPa 2.0 will result from the NWA/DAL merger. If both of them leave ALPA, then the Association is in real trouble.

Prater should be the one to stop the individual MECs from going off the reservation. He apparently doesn't have the balls or the desire to do so. As a result, it's quite possible that he'll end up destroying ALPA. I give it about a 60/40 chance that uSAPa will succeed on Thursday, and there's a distinct possibility that uSAPa 2.0 will result from the NWA/DAL merger. If both of them leave ALPA, then the Association is in real trouble.

If USAPA is successful, it will only be because of the larger number of USAir pilots. In the DAL/NWA scenario, DAL is the larger, so a split from ALPA is very unlikely (unless there is a mass RJ PID0-II that is).

The Association has been "in real trouble" for quite some time....it's just taken a few of the cheerleaders a while longer to realize it...Of course the first step is admiting you have a problem....Herndon we have a problem.....

I find it ironic that you and Occam now want ALPA to "do what is right"....Neither of you care when mainline MEC's dictate the conditions to regional pilots.....You both repeatedly say that we have no right to that flying.....Isn't the DAL MEC doing what is within their "rights"....Are you now going to tell me that doesn't apply when they do it to another mainline group...only when they do it to a regional group?

You arguments are very similar to those of the RJDC.....Funny how things work.....

If USAPA is successful, it will only be because of the larger number of USAir pilots. In the DAL/NWA scenario, DAL is the larger, so a split from ALPA is very unlikely (unless there is a mass RJ PID0-II that is).

I would pay good money to watch the NWA MEC get together with the CMR, Mesaba, and Medex folks and file a PID....We could sell tickets to that event in Herndon...

Latest resources

Back