Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Reasons why Airtran pilots are gonna LUV Southwest!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty- run all you want- but I bet there are more than a few FOs who'd prefer to run to get a stretch- balance it out captains-

Many of our 737 "turns" in ATL have a gate/plane swap and/or some sit time. It's usually not an issue. It's a food run . . . we'll work it out. Not a biggy.

Yeah- but that'll change a bit when the hub and spoke disappears... It's one of the best parts of our job- but 20-25 minute turns are a different thing to manage

And the single greatest thing SWA brings to the table................wait for it.........

AVOIDANCE BID!

Thats right, you get to show 3 of your bestest, favo-right cappy's the hand during the monthly bid.

I have been at SWA for over 4 years and have never once put a name down for an avoidance bid. I guess I have been lucky.

And the single greatest thing SWA brings to the table................wait for it.........

AVOIDANCE BID!

Thats right, you get to show 3 of your bestest, favo-right cappy's the hand during the monthly bid.

It's better than nothing, but I've always thought the wrong seat is getting punished. To wit: If FO & bid-avoided Cappy get the same line, then Cappy should get bumped down to their next bid line, not FO. It would be a great, self-correcting system to "help" those high bid-avoidance dudes (and dudettes) get a clue. Oh, and there should be a similar provision for Cappys to bid-avoid three FOs. :beer:

Last edited:
I have been at SWA for over 4 years and have never once put a name down for an avoidance bid. I guess I have been lucky.

Give yourself a few more months. Usually by year 5 the Kool-Aid has been sufficiently diluted and you start to realize that life really is too short....

I sincerely hope that's not someone's actual employee number... if it is, someone needs to let me know so I can delete the post, we don't do calling out of actual identifying information on FI. Initials are one thing, actual names or employee numbers are quite another...

There is not a single pilot at SWA who can keep me away from my chosen line.

In eight years I have flown with a handful I don't care for, but none that will keep me from my chosen trip. In my previous job there were some that I wondered if I would end the trip incarcerated ... I'm just saying ...

no actual employee numbers ... but union rep initials? Lear70, i am convinced you make these rules up as you go ...

no actual employee numbers ... but union rep initials? Lear70, i am convinced you make these rules up as you go ...
Those "rules" were in place long before I came a moderator. Initials have been a recognized exception from the rule for a long time now, that's not something I have changed. If you don't agree with it, you are free to email the webmaster.

Previous post deleted, thanks to the Southwest pilots (and the one AAI pilot with a SL copy) who emailed to let me know that it *WAS* an actual employee number.

"Dude", please do not post information that can specifically identify someone in a post unless it is copied from a publicly-available NEWS source. No time off since seniority numbers don't come up that often and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't know better.

Thanks,

/mod

In my 11 years of participating on these types of forums I have never seen so much control and threats by a moderator. Not even close. This is the only time I have seen such consistent activity by anyone in this type of position.

If this behavior is supported by all the mods and web master, there has been an egotistic increase in control issues which has taken the fun out of this forum.

I wish this would change back to way it use to be managed. It was far more enjoyable.

Latest resources

Back