Really Need Ya'lls Advice!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ace-of-the-Base said:
I just keep laughing my rear off reading these posts!! Hey Hawk, you ever been on an aircraft carrier? Sleeping in little bunks with a bunch of other pilots, showering, sh$ting, shaving, all in public. Do you think they can't go fly a good sortie? Get the collective sticks out of your a$$s. There are bigger issues in this industry than snoring. Is this really what a group of pu$$ys the pilots of today have become? Get over yourselves.

Ps. Don't fly broken airplanes and don't bust minimums, for anyone. You'll be just fine, kid.

Ace

Ace,

We aren't on an aircraft carrier and we aren't in the military anymore. We dont shower, $hit, and shave in public or with our co-workers. Thats considered odd behavior outside the military.

This situation is weird. I have been in all levels of charter and corp for many years and have NEVER EVER heard of having to share hotel rooms as company policy.

Its very odd, unacceptable, and a terrible idea for any company.

Run this "crew bunking" thing by your company legal department. see what they think.

This thread is right up there with the "crew bunking on the Lear 35 in Europe" one from a while back....that was another fine example of corporate aviation...

:eek: .

I'm not in the military, and I'm not sharing a room with ANYONE unless they're hot with big boobs and we're screwing. That's just downright WRONG. G200 is right......lawsuit waiting to happen.

I work for a bottom-of-the-barrel $hitbag, low paying, scumbag charter company, and we get SEPERATE rooms at nice places. I will NOT share a hotel room EVER. Period. I will change professions first. I'll put up with a lot.....low pay, jerk captains, whatever, but that is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.

Edit: Come to think of it, this situation came up one time at another company. Part 91, flew the boss to a football game. There was ONE hotel room in the entire town. Boss expected us to share it. F that.....I took my company credit card, said bye to the chief pilot, rented a car, drove 1 hour down the interstate to the next town and found a hotel with my own room. Boss got pissed and called me into the office, I told him flat out, (nicely of course), I will NEVER share a hotel room. EVER. With ANYONE. Don't even ask, because the answer is no. You can either deal with it, or you can have my resignation. I was nice and professional about it, boss accepted it, and that was it. It only happened that one time, and it was just a bad situation. He waited till the last minute and there just weren't any rooms. He never did it again though.

Last edited:
I heard the Girls Gone Wild crews share hotel rooms, too.

No kidding. Sounds like a joke but it ain't.

English said:
I heard the Girls Gone Wild crews share hotel rooms, too.

No kidding. Sounds like a joke but it ain't.

Hey beautiful. How are you? Get many speeding tickets lately?

Anyway, I also heard that Swift used to bunk their crews together, guess that came from the trucking mentality.

To the other posts, I know we're not in the military, read my post. I was simply saying that sleeping next to another pilot does not make the flying unsafe. This type of thinking is what makes people make bad choices. One even posts that he works for what sounds like a very unsafe operator. But he has his own room! Woopee. I'd rather sleep WITH the copilot than fly an unsafe plane for a cr@ppy company. Priorities, folks. In my cool gig I get my own room, a company pickup and time off for the holidays. So big deal. I'm 60ish and this dude's 22. Maybe those of you who are so afraid of another man seeing you in the shower should look a little closer at what might be causing that.

English, do you know how hard it was writing this whole message without making some crude reference to sharing a room with you? I told you before, I'd LOVE to fly a Citation.

Ace

Ace-of-the-Base said:

Anyway, I also heard that Swift used to bunk their crews together, guess that came from the trucking mentality.

To the other posts, I know we're not in the military, read my post. I was simply saying that sleeping next to another pilot does not make the flying unsafe. This type of thinking is what makes people make bad choices. One even posts that he works for what sounds like a very unsafe operator. But he has his own room! Woopee. I'd rather sleep WITH the copilot than fly an unsafe plane for a cr@ppy company. Priorities, folks. In my cool gig I get my own room, a company pickup and time off for the holidays. So big deal. I'm 60ish and this dude's 22. Maybe those of you who are so afraid of another man seeing you in the shower should look a little closer at what might be causing that.

English, do you know how hard it was writing this whole message without making some crude reference to sharing a room with you? I told you before, I'd LOVE to fly a Citation.

Ace

I don't work for an unsafe operator. I work for a crappy operator. There's a difference. Nowhere did I ever say it was unsafe. The pay is low, the schedule sucks. But.....I've NEVER been asked to break a reg, and never will be. They even adhere to 135 regs on 91 flights. There no "well it's OK, because you're part 91 coming home" crap. MX is good. If it's broke, write it up, we fix it. Believe me, if it were unsafe, I wouldn't be working here. Hell it's 10 times safer than the regional airline I used to work for. Hell, that's one of the reasons that I quit. The other was that I frickin hated it.

The reason I say crappy scumbag etc. is the pay & schedule. He could pay more, everyone knows it, but he won't. CA's are OK, but FO pay is criminal. Boss pockets money and claims he's maxed out on salaries....bull$hit. That is what I'm talking about.

Look, everyone on here has had a crappy job at some point in their career. It's called 'paying your dues'. I'm doing it, you've done it, everyone has to do it at some point, unless Daddy forks out $100K for you to go to Regional jet buy-a-job crapola deal. I enjoy the job, I love where I live, I just hate the pay. It's my career, and I'm going to do what makes me happy. If someone on a message board doesn't like it, then f-ing tough.

You needn't worry about safety from me Ace. I won't risk the rest of my career and my certificate for some dam rich guy. Ever.

Ace ... I've been reading some of your posts and I just do get you on this one. You have been around and seem to be a moderating voice of reason. (unless we are talking about NetJets ;))

I am just trying to figure out if you are serious or just trying get some sort of reaction from other folks.

If the company is mandating to share a room, just insist it is at Residence Inn or some suite that has two completely seperate rooms and two bathrooms in it, or downgrade where two rooms is cheaper than one. I would rather stay in my own room at the Comfort inn than share a room at the Hilton. Just make the best of the situation. There are people who suck at every job, adopt and overcome.

pilotviolin said:
If the company is mandating to share a room, just insist it is at Residence Inn or some suite that has two completely seperate rooms and two bathrooms in it, or downgrade where two rooms is cheaper than one. I would rather stay in my own room at the Comfort inn than share a room at the Hilton. Just make the best of the situation. There are people who suck at every job, adopt and overcome.

...thinking outside of the box--you will go far grasshopper:)

pilotviolin said:
My bet is that if the company is so cheap that you have to pair up on rooms then I'd also bet that they ain't going to be booking them into the Residence Inn or any place with the word "Suites" in the title. More like a $39.95 budget motel with cigarette burns in the bed covers. I bet that the best that they can hope for is two queens over one king. Am I right?

'Sled

Ace-of-the-Base said:

Ace

I don't think I've ever had anyone come on to me before on flinfo. I think I'm blushing!

As flattered as I am, my hubby also has a screen name here. Better keep it under wraps lest I be banned from the internet forever.

Latest resources

Back