• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Really Need Ya'lls Advice!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
we share rooms now b/c that is what they do with all of their other employees and we are the first pilots they have delt with. We have complained about it a lot and they finally said next year we can get seperate rooms "most" of the time. This however, is not my biggest problem, it is much more the guy I am with.

by the way, the boss that we fly around is very cool. I really like hauling him around.

Last edited:
Ace-of-the-Base said:
Don't listen to 'sled, I have never shared a room in my career, but I can't say that it creeps me out as much as him.
Time to change the bongwater. 'Sled didn't say anything about sharing a room.:confused:
Ace-of-the-Base said:
And to the other points, you're right, sometimes the worst, most dangerous 135 ops have the best pay and give you the best bennies on the road.
I've never heard this theory. Do you have examples?

Another thought CAVOK while you are continuing to search for better emplyment but still sharing rooms...

this guy you are bunking with sounds a little strange no? what might happen to the long fruitful career you have in front of you if this fellow blames YOU for something inappropriate while bunking together??? desperate folks do desperate things...he may beat you to that sleezy lawyer..

protect yourself, spring for the room yourself on the road. Its worth it.

Co-workers should NEVER EVER share hotel rooms. This is legal 101 at any company.

This isn't the military, we dont "bunk" together. Its inappropriate on many levels.

Good luck hope better comes along soon!

Gulfstream 200 said:
Another thought CAVOK while you are continuing to search for better emplyment but still sharing rooms...

this guy you are bunking with sounds a little strange no? what might happen to the long fruitful career you have in front of you if this fellow blames YOU for something inappropriate while bunking together??? desperate folks do desperate things...he may beat you to that sleezy lawyer..

protect yourself, spring for the room yourself on the road. Its worth it.

Co-workers should NEVER EVER share hotel rooms. This is legal 101 at any company.

This isn't the military, we dont "bunk" together. Its inappropriate on many levels.

Good luck hope better comes along soon!

AGREED!! When I spend on average of 18 days a month in a hotel shared with a guy it crosses that line. Yes he is a strange guy, and I have developed very deep dislike (understatement) for him. It is one of those situations where you know you have a good job, but one person can ruin it for you to the point where you really don't care what happens. I left a good job to come here, which is why I am kicking myself now. It doesnt help to look into the past too much, now I need to fix it. I guess I wanted to know from ya'll if I was overeacting to the situation. It seems from yalls opinions i am not.

Now, yall know of any jobs out there I should go for?? :) :)

Ace-of-the-Base said:
I'm quite comfortable with my heteros#xuality and I don't get all creeped out when I have a pelvic exam either.

Hate to hijack this thread with a technical point, but the term 'pelvic exam' normally refers to an exam of a female patient's nether regions by a GYN.

I gather that you are a dude, no? If you're talking about the 'turn your head and cough' exam, then I understand your point. But if your doctor tells you to put your legs up in the stirrups and comes at you with a shiny steel vaginal speculum and a smile on his face, you had better da*m well be creeped out. :eek:

Put your pants on and run, don't walk!

:D:D:D:)

Wang Chung said:
Hate to hijack this thread with a technical point, but the term 'pelvic exam' normally refers to an exam of a female patient's nether regions by a GYN.

I gather that you are a dude, no? If you're talking about the 'turn your head and cough' exam, then I understand your point. But if your doctor tells you to put your legs up in the stirrups and comes at you with a shiny steel vaginal speculum and a smile on his face, you had better da*m well be creeped out. :eek:

Put your pants on and run, don't walk!

:D:D:D:)

Ace has a box, he gets a pelvic exam.

:) .

CAVOK69 said:
AGREED!! When I spend on average of 18 days a month in a hotel shared with a guy it crosses that line. Yes he is a strange guy, and I have developed very deep dislike (understatement) for him. It is one of those situations where you know you have a good job, but one person can ruin it for you to the point where you really don't care what happens. I left a good job to come here, which is why I am kicking myself now. It doesnt help to look into the past too much, now I need to fix it. I guess I wanted to know from ya'll if I was overeacting to the situation. It seems from yalls opinions i am not.

Now, yall know of any jobs out there I should go for?? :) :)

18 days a month in a shared room!!??

:eek: .

nah......c'mon...this is flamebait..

that's the average

OK, I'm going to try and be the voice of reason here. You're not even 23 yet. You have many more options. I wouldn't fly MU-2's, no way, no how. They have the highest accident rate of any turbine airplane if I remember correctly. You're not that desparate especially at your age. The hotel sharing thing is just wrong. I've never met anybody in corporate aviation who has been subjected to this. I would get out of this gig and quick. I agree with the other posters-- you're exposing yourself to significant legal risk. Not to mention you're flying around with a drunk. That's a whole other can of legal worms right there.

Find another job flying turbine equipment starting SIC that leads to a quick upgrade. Hell I'd fly at NutJets befor I'd do one of your other two options. At age < 23 what are you in a hurry for? You've got plenty of furlough, union, bankruptcy years ahead of you!

Just don't let him touch you where your bathing suit covers! Also...learn to kick and scream.....scream LOUD!!!!!

Latest resources

Back