Really Need Ya'lls Advice!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks everyone for your comments.

Anyone elses advice is still much appreciated.

CAVOK69 said:

when being chased by a pack of rabid wolves, its ok to throw them chocolate chip cookies, but dont stop to bake a cake...

say what?

CAVOK69 said:
Thanks everyone for your comments.

Stay out of MU2's.
can they be operated safely? sure...
do on demand freight operators fly them this way?
do a search and you decide...

Most if the MU2 posts are mourning posts from friends and family of the guy getting his "experience" of flying night freight.

Still may be better than that bed-sharing $hit you do now...

:confused: .

CAVOK69 said:
it has been a long long year.

Don't listen to these dorks like G200. It's your life. You need to do what you need to do to meet your goals. I personally think that you're doing GREAT for your age. We've all put in our dues if we wanted to excell quickly at a young age. Some had to go to the mid-east, some had to move across the country, some had to fly bad airplanes for shady operators. Whatever it was, we (most of us) all had to go thru some tough times to leap ahead of the pack. It sounds like you're doing it. Sleeping in a hotel room with a jerk captain? Some on this board make it sound like that's the lowest you could sink. I'd rather do that then fly checks in a broken barron at night (and ice, etc, etc).

Make your own decisions and only take what you hear from others on this board with a grain of salt. It's a long road and as long as you have separate beds, I wouldn't loose too much sleep over it :)

Ace

Ace-of-the-Base said:
Don't listen to these dorks like G200. It's your life. You need to do what you need to do to meet your goals. I personally think that you're doing GREAT for your age. We've all put in our dues if we wanted to excell quickly at a young age. Some had to go to the mid-east, some had to move across the country, some had to fly bad airplanes for shady operators. Whatever it was, we (most of us) all had to go thru some tough times to leap ahead of the pack. It sounds like you're doing it. Sleeping in a hotel room with a jerk captain? Some on this board make it sound like that's the lowest you could sink. I'd rather do that then fly checks in a broken barron at night (and ice, etc, etc).

Make your own decisions and only take what you hear from others on this board with a grain of salt. It's a long road and as long as you have separate beds, I wouldn't loose too much sleep over it :)

Ace

sounds like Ace has done the shared hotel room thing too?

thats just a pathetic line crossed folks. Have some pride...good for your age? bull$hit....youre a Lear F/O working for an obviously sleazebag owner. You can do that a 1000 places and maybe even get your own digs at the Best Western...

Dont come here looking for "You're doing good kid, tough it out" Lots of us would NEVER have done that, not for one trip. $hit, I would pay for my own room myself first. I have worked for some pretty ratty 135 operators flying much worse than a Lear 60 and have NEVER EVER heard of sharing rooms.

I dont care if you're 18 or 78, sharing ahotel room on the road is personally vile and downright risky from a legal standpoint for ANY company. Dont believe me? call a few scumbag lawyers... they will be fighting over you.

Then again, I certainly dont put anything past pilots, anything to fly..including sharing a bedroom with an old alcoholic pervert.

Guess it really does not surprise me. What do I know? You may just make the cover of next months pro pilot and be a company all star for saving money...

Its your creepy life. Dont drop the soap!

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
sounds like Ace has done the shared hotel room thing too?

thats just a pathetic line crossed folks. Have some pride...good for your age? bull$hit....youre a Lear F/O working for an obviously sleazebag owner. You can do that a 1000 places and maybe even get your own digs at the Best Western...

Dont come here looking for "You're doing good kid, tough it out" Lots of us would NEVER have done that, not for one trip. $hit, I would pay for my own room myself first. I have worked for some pretty ratty 135 operators flying much worse than a Lear 60 and have NEVER EVER heard of sharing rooms.

I dont care if you're 18 or 78, sharing ahotel room on the road is personally vile and downright risky from a legal standpoint for ANY company. Dont believe me? call a few scumbag lawyers... they will be fighting over you.

Then again, I certainly dont put anything past pilots, anything to fly..including sharing a bedroom with an old alcoholic pervert.

Guess it really does not surprise me. What do I know? You may just make the cover of next months pro pilot and be a company all star for saving money...

Its your creepy life. Dont drop the soap!

woah... lol I know it is BS, supposedly this is going to change next year... And I know it sucks. I have flown for a 135 outfit flying old crappy jets and they put me up in the nicest hotels ever with our own rooms. I was not looking for guys to say great job for your age, it doesnt matter how old I am... the point is they paid for my type so I feel obligated to finish my year which is almost up. If i can finish the year without punching the lights out of my captain I will be happy, but I am not sure what will come first...the new job or his lights being punched out!

I think I need to look hard for a jet pic or turboprop pic job and jump on it.

CAVOK69 said:
That is true. But young or not, I want to do what is right for my career as does everyone here! I just need some advice... is it worth leaving here to fly an MU-2 night freight for a year and a half to meet airline mins or should I not sacrifice my QOL for the flight time and jet time. I know this is my decision but some input is appreciated.

It is easy for this guy to be a DB b/c of my age. He seems envious of my age, but at the same time I know he likes me a lot. He just is way to comfortable with me and not respectful enough.
The problem with most 135 MU-2 jobs is that typically, the transition and recurrent training is usually minimal - a few training flights and then a check ride and you're on your own. Definately not a smart idea in an airplane like an MU-2. That's how guys get killed. I wouldn't accept a job flying an MU-2 unless you make sure you're going to get proper training, both initially and each 6 months. My bet is that they're not going to do that.

'Sled

CAVOK69 said:
woah... lol I know it is BS, supposedly this is going to change next year... And I know it sucks. I have flown for a 135 outfit flying old crappy jets and they put me up in the nicest hotels ever with our own rooms. I was not looking for guys to say great job for your age, it doesnt matter how old I am... the point is they paid for my type so I feel obligated to finish my year which is almost up. If i can finish the year without punching the lights out of my captain I will be happy, but I am not sure what will come first...the new job or his lights being punched out!

I think I need to look hard for a jet pic or turboprop pic job and jump on it.

Don't listen to 'sled, I have never shared a room in my career, but I can't say that it creeps me out as much as him. I'm quite comfortable with my heteros#xuality and I don't get all creeped out when I have a pelvic exam either. If any of these guys served in the armed forces, they would know what its like to share personal space with other men. It really won't make you a homo.

And to the other points, you're right, sometimes the worst, most dangerous 135 ops have the best pay and give you the best bennies on the road. I'd vote for safety over my own room at the fancy hotel. The people who think they can sum up your operation by one (kinda odd) choice your boss has made is presumtious and ignorant. I have no idea what the place is like.

Like I said before, grain of salt.

Ace

Latest resources

Back