• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Really Need Ya'lls Advice!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny about the remote control! And yes, several times I have had to say " captain in the plane buddy, not outside of it."

But I appreciate all of your advice, I have a decision ahead of me for sure. The company is all part 91 and this is their only plane so no duty regs being broken. The things some companies do to save money..... :rolleyes:

Hopefully soon I will have some options come my way.!!

G100driver said:
Ace ... I've been reading some of your posts and I just do get you on this one. You have been around and seem to be a moderating voice of reason. (unless we are talking about NetJets ;))

I am just trying to figure out if you are serious or just trying get some sort of reaction from other folks.

I know. I don't know why, but I just can't stop reading about NetJets. You must admit, it's the most dramatic thing going on on this board.

As for this thread, I am completely serious. Just like people stepping over dollars to save dimes, pilots sometimes focus on things that really have no bearing on safety and hang the 'safety' hat on their own personal hangups. I'm just a real practical old pilot who likes to cut thru the crap.

Ace

English said:
I don't think I've ever had anyone come on to me before on flinfo. I think I'm blushing!

As flattered as I am, my hubby also has a screen name here. Better keep it under wraps lest I be banned from the internet forever.

The problem is that Ace thinks chicks who fly Citations and drive Bimmer convertables are easy... :D TC

I have to strongly agree with Gulfstream 200 here. I can't believe the whole room sharing deal either...and I have spent way too much of my life bunking up on an aircraft carrier... not even close to the same deal. BTW, that's one of the many reasons we smarten up and flock to the civillian side when we get the chance! But, I digress....

I fly 121 now, and even the greenest young F/A gets her own room, just as nice as the captain's. I can't think of anything worse than being forced to be stuck with a tool 18 nights a month!

AA717driver said:
The problem is that Ace thinks chicks who fly Citations and drive Bimmer convertables are easy... :D TC

No, I just think they're HOT!

English and I go way back. Her hubby sounds like an ok guy, flys for a regional, though.

Ace

Uh oh...someone that knows me, and I don't know him!

Now I'm intrigued...hint?

DOnt take the MU gig.......You only desire it right now cause you are unhappy with your current job. Hold out and take the 3 months you have left to look for a flying job that you will be happy with and hopefully it will be closer to home. Dont jump on the 1st thing. Something good will come around, but you have to look hard....it doesnt just fall into your lap like some pilots think. Good Luck!

PS Put his hand in warm water when your bunkin up.

Usually the room-sharing thing is a control issue, not a cost issue. I know a GIV crew that has to share a room. They stay at very nice hotels, and whenever possible do get suites for that very reason. They've also had at least two pilots quit over the policy.

I think there is a decent safety argument to be made, however. And there is certainly a QOL argument!

Lead Sled said:
My bet is that if the company is so cheap that you have to pair up on rooms then I'd also bet that they ain't going to be booking them into the Residence Inn or any place with the word "Suites" in the title. More like a $39.95 budget motel with cigarette burns in the bed covers. I bet that the best that they can hope for is two queens over one king. Am I right?

'Sled

he snores really loudly! it wakes me up a lot, but i just yell at him till he stops:)

Yall are right, to hell with the MU-2 job. Ill keep looking!!!;)

Jeeez - my wife won't even sleep with me when I snore. You need to have a diplomatic but firm discussion with the higher ups. ask them if they would like to sleep with el capitano.:)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back