• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

REALLY BAD news for DCI XJ&9E

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would wager that less than 1/2 of 1% of Delta's customers originate from or have a destination to these EAS cities that they are pulling the plug on. Considering that these cities need an entirely separate fleet to serve them profitably, its probably not worth their time to screw around with it for such a small portion of their market share. Aspen was probably a lucrative market too but it wasn't worth continuing to keep a bloated fleet of Avro's in the air just so they could continue serving it.

I think pilots put to much emphasis on aircraft. Yes, a SAAB is cheeper to operate than a CRJ from MSP-BRD, etc. But you still have to have gate space, ground crew, ticket counter, deicing equipment etc, so I suspect the overall cost of operating a SAAB vs CRJ on these routes is not as different as it might seem at first.

Also, just because DL is going to stop flying these routes, it doesn't mean that someone else won't fly them, and that those passengers won't still get on a DL flight out of MSP or DTW when they get there (think of the Great Lakes/UA model)

I think pilots put to much emphasis on aircraft. Yes, a SAAB is cheeper to operate than a CRJ from MSP-BRD, etc. But you still have to have gate space, ground crew, ticket counter, deicing equipment etc, so I suspect the overall cost of operating a SAAB vs CRJ on these routes is not as different as it might seem at first.

Also, just because DL is going to stop flying these routes, it doesn't mean that someone else won't fly them, and that those passengers won't still get on a DL flight out of MSP or DTW when they get there (think of the Great Lakes/UA model)

When the B1900 operator pulled out of the Arkansas and Missouri EAS market they were replaced by a Pilatus operater out of the northwest that uses the call sign Sasquatch. They park at FBOs that provide the ground handling in exchange for fuel purchases. I see growth in their future.

When the B1900 operator pulled out of the Arkansas and Missouri EAS market they were replaced by a Pilatus operater out of the northwest that uses the call sign Sasquatch. They park at FBOs that provide the ground handling in exchange for fuel purchases. I see growth in their future.

This!!
Maybe its time to start a small "regional" airline operating to small cities in the Upper MW.

Latest resources

Back