• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

REALLY BAD news for DCI XJ&9E

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hopefully our 200 ASA doesn't open up if we go into bankruptcy. How rock solid is that now? Before SLI everyone seemed to think there is no way we would lose 200's before 2017. Now we lost one due to performance and hopefully we don't get gutted if we declare BK.

The one that went to ASA was not part of the PNCL -200 service agreement. It was a spare allocated to us from Delta. There are three more spares in service between PCL and MSA that also can be removed without infringing on the service agreement.

The one that went to ASA was not part of the PNCL -200 service agreement. It was a spare allocated to us from Delta. There are three more spares in service between PCL and MSA that also can be removed without infringing on the service agreement.

Great, so can you answer the question of whether or not the ASA opens up if we declare bankruptcy? I would say that is a big deal, and I haven't heard an answer yet.

Wow you guys really shot for the moon.

At least average is NOTHING to be proud of. Expressjet's concessionary contract is way better than your new one.

Way to raise the bar.

There is no doubt the XJet contract is way better than the PNCL contract. XJet has had the best deal going for many years despite the very mild concessions that were given. The PNCL contract is well above average though. Its a solid #2 or #3 contract in the regional business based on money and work rules but we also have Scope protections that far outweigh the regional industry leading pilot contracts. These are holding company Scope protections that Mesa and Republic had to sell their souls for.

Great, so can you answer the question of whether or not the ASA opens up if we declare bankruptcy? I would say that is a big deal, and I haven't heard an answer yet.

I'm not aware of any exit clauses solely for the filing of bankruptcy. I would find it hard to believe that such a clause would even be legal provided that PNCL didn't reject the contract while in bankruptcy. The new ASA was posted awhile back in an SEC filing, I'm sure some reading would answer that question for certain.

All that being said, we aren't in bankruptcy, there is a steady stream of income, our creditors are being paid, and the current losses are microscopic (not to mention expected) in the grand scheme of things. I think bankruptcy is a very remote possibility unless something pretty drastic changes.

I'm not aware of any exit clauses solely for the filing of bankruptcy. I would find it hard to believe that such a clause would even be legal provided that PNCL didn't reject the contract while in bankruptcy. The new ASA was posted awhile back in an SEC filing, I'm sure some reading would answer that question for certain.

All that being said, we aren't in bankruptcy, there is a steady stream of income, our creditors are being paid, and the current losses are microscopic (not to mention expected) in the grand scheme of things. I think bankruptcy is a very remote possibility unless something pretty drastic changes.

I hope you are right. :beer:

A lot of these cities especially on the michigan side are great cities that i hate to see service taken away from. Northwest would never have done this. If the load factor is not there i understand but it still sucks.
On the bankruptcy question - our new ceo guided frontier out of bankruptcy so even if we go in, he will get us out.......... but i seriously doubt we will go into bankruptcy. We have a contract for those 141 crj 200s that delta has to find flying for or pay us for it anways if i am not mistaken

A lot of these cities especially on the michigan side are great cities that i hate to see service taken away from. Northwest would never have done this. If the load factor is not there i understand but it still sucks.
On the bankruptcy question - our new ceo guided frontier out of bankruptcy so even if we go in, he will get us out.......... but i seriously doubt we will go into bankruptcy. We have a contract for those 141 crj 200s that delta has to find flying for or pay us for it anways if i am not mistaken[/QUOTE

Of course the load factors are lower in these cities. They were saab cities. What would they expect to happen when they put a less efficient and larger plane on a route that didn't always fill a saab. Go figure Delta ....

And 3 of the 4 have been pulled for bad performance. Oh and 2 of PCL's also were moved to Mesaba in hopes of not losing more. (yes PCL is down 5 airframes at the moment, well 4 because 1 of the XJ900s was moved to them)

On the bankruptcy question - our new ceo guided frontier out of bankruptcy so even if we go in, he will get us out.......... but i seriously doubt we will go into bankruptcy. We have a contract for those 141 crj 200s that delta has to find flying for or pay us for it anways if i am not mistaken[/QUOTE

Of course the load factors are lower in these cities. They were saab cities. What would they expect to happen when they put a less efficient and larger plane on a route that didn't always fill a saab. Go figure Delta ....

Exactly what they wanted, and excuse to end flying there while continuing to park turboprops so they can continue to say " fly delta jets"

Do you know what you are even talking about? It may not be "good", but it certainly is at least average if not better.

So you insult my intelligence and then immediately state that my comment was accurate? Brilliant.

Pinnacle Contract 2011: It may not be "good", but it certainly is at least average if not better.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back